Chapter 15: i want fabulous

Start from the beginning

"Help me? Wow mom you deserve mother of the year don't you. Who else did you pay along the way? Hmmm? Did you pay that boy in grade 6 to go to the school dance with me?"

"No he just needed a little push actually, i mean-

"You told him to go with me? Why cant you let me have my own life! I swear if you do this to Libby-

"No no i wont. She makes friends on her own." She says with a smile.

Once she sees my heart broken face she crumbles.

"No i didn't mean it like that! Look i thought i was helping you! Okay? Theres no way i would have done it if i knew you would find out!" She cries.

If she knew i would find out. Wow. Unfricken believable.

I hate her.

"Do you even hear yourself!? You paid someone to hang out with me. Do you realise that? Do you realise how much that hurts." A few tears leak down my face and my mom looks like she's going to cry too.

"Sweet heart i know we aren't close. I know you dont particularly like me. But i am your mother and i care about you. I wanted you to have a friend. Yes i had to bribe her. Yes i should have picked a better person, she was pretty sassy as a kid. But people make mistakes. If i could take it back i would. But i cant so just move on please!" A tear rolls down her cheek on the last sentence.

You know what she still hasn't said? Sorry. She hasn't even apologised for this. Not that shes ever said sorry for anything but i thought this time she would.

"You know what mom? I hate you. You did this for yourself. Not me. You did this so you could tell people i had friends. Hoping i would make more along the way since i had Mags. I think you stopped paying a year ago because you realised it was useless. Not because you couldn't afford it. Lets face it you have plenty of money. You wanted a perfect daughter. Im happy you have Libby to fulfil that." I then run up stairs into my room.

I quickly grab my backpack and pack a few clothes and my phone charger, along with face cleaner and a tooth brush.

I run back down stairs and head out my front door. I bump into Libby on the way.

"Oh hey princess." I say with a sad smile. I pick her up and she tightens her arm around me.

"Where are you goin?" She asks while sticking her thumb in her mouth.

"Just out for a few days. Don't worry alright mommy will still be right here for ya. I will be back before you know it!" I kiss the top of her head.

"But i dont want you to go!" She says and hugs me tighter.

"I dont want to leave you either." I say softly.

"I wuv you." She says in her cute toddler voice.

"I love you too! Forever and always we are sisters through thick and thin, no matter what." I say sticking my pinkie out.

"No matter what." She says and hooks her pinkie with mine in a promise.

I set her back down and wave as i walk down my drive way.

I have no idea where im going but i cant stay there with my so called mother.

I think im going to call her by her first name until i can forgive her.

I always thought my dad was the only problem. Turns out my mom was part of it too.

"Young lady get back here right now!" I hear her yell.

I turn around so i can see her.

"NO! I need time to think Carrie and i am not in the mood to be around you!" I yell back.