chapter thirty :)

Start from the beginning

Hello.
-
-
Are you awake?
-
-
I'll take the no response as a 'No.'
-
-
Wake up!
-
-
WAKEEE!! UP!!! NOW!!
-
-
BLOODY HELL, YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!
-
-
You suck. You know that, right?
-
-
If you don't reply to me soon, I'm going to phone your Aunt Jenna and tell her all of the bad things you have done in your life.... You've been warned.

I couldn't help the chuckled that escaped my lips as I read over all of Hollee's  text messages. She really know how to get on your case. I glanced at the corner of the screen for the time. 8:26 am.
I threw the duvet cover off of me and swung my legs over the edge. I yawned again as i reached up above my head to stretch. A few bones in my back clicking as i moved.
I stood up and clicked re-dial.
"What is the point of you having your phone on if it doesn't even wake you up?" Hollee answered immediately.
"Because I know that it irritates you." I replied simply.
"Of course, why else would you do it. Look, your flight takes of at 10:36 your end. Your ticket is being held at the front desk and you'll only need to tell them my security number as conformation...You still know it right?" Hollee asked.
"Probably." I replied.
Hollee sighed down the phone. "That doesn't make me feel any better, ya know."
I chuckled tiredly. "I know. I do actually know it -Unless you've changed it recently."
"Nah, haven't needed it. Just Please make sure that you're on time." Hollee begged lightly. "I know what you're like."
"Okay, I promise."Packing my small duffel-bag with only a few changes on clothes after my phone-call only took a few minutes. I didn't really care about what I was packing as long as it was wearable and didn't look too strange and unmanageable. The one thing that I thought that would take the most amount of time was trying to get out of the house either unnoticed or convincing Aunt Jenna to allow me to go -And I don't imagine the last one would go very well.
I bent down, zipped up the bag and then slipped on my Black heels.
Butterflies swarmed my stomach at just the thought of going down stair. I knew this looked like I was running again -And in a sense I am, I guess. But I didn't want Elena, Jeremy or Aunt Jenna to think that I was abandoning them...Again.
I took in a deep breath and as quietly as I could manage in the heels, tip-toed down the stairs. Luckily it was only just 9:00am and Jeremy was a heavy sleeper, Elena on the other hand- Not so much, but if luck was on my side at all today she would have stayed with Stefan last night. Jenna was a completely different situation. She's an early bird and had the tendency to start cleaning when she woke up...Starting with downstairs.
My heart was thumping away in my chest and my hands were clenched tightly, one around my bag strap and the other gripping the banister as I moved noiselessly down the stairs.
When I got to the bottom I stopped for a moment and then poked my head around the corner, my eyes searching around for any sign of Aunt Jenna. When I couldn't see her I released a deep breath and my shoulders sagged in relief. I hitched the bag onto my shoulder and bounced over to the door.
"Where are you going so early?"
I froze. One of my hands gripping the door-knob in mid motion. My eyes were wide and my heart was beating away. I closed my eyes tightly for a second and then spun to face them.
"Hey, Jer, What you doing up this early? Shouldn't you still be asleep?" I asked cheerfully, a fake smile plastered on my face.
Jeremy shrugged. "Couldn't sleep and was hungry." He said, lifting up his hands fully of food.
"Well that explains it -It's either sleep or food for you." I joked.
Jeremy grinned sleepily, his eyes still threatening to close. "So where you heading to?"
"You know, just going to see Caroline. She said something about shopping today, So I'm going to head over now. You now how Caroline gets when you're late, And I'd rather be much too early than even a moment late." I explained. Subtly gripping my bag tighter.
"You shopping?" Jeremy asked disbelieving and then chuckled. "Have fun with that."
"You know what? I will." I pursed my lips. "I'm going to leave...Now...See ya." I gave him a quick wave before literally running out of the house.The airport was busy and I didn't like it one bit. There were families huddled together talking excitedly. Other people were just seated patiently reading or something else to keep them entertained.
I hitched the bag higher and more securely up on my shoulder and made my way through the crowd of people, heading towards the main front desk.
"Hello, how can I help you?" A tall blond asked. She smiled at me and I returned it.
"I was told that I could collect my plane ticket here." I explained, leaning against the desk slightly.
The receptionist nodded. "Okay, what time does you plane take off?"
"10:36."
"Okay, name?" She asked tapping away at the keyboard, here eyes trained on the screen.
Hollee better have put it under my name or this is going to end badly. I thought to myself. "Lillie-Ann Gilbert."
"I've got your ticket right here, but I need some form conformation."
"Would a security number be okay?" I asked.
The blonde nodded and smiled. "That would be fine."
"627836TG" I replied. Hoping that, that was the right Number.
I watched as she typed in the number I gave her. I bit my lip, anxious as to if it was going fine.
"Two minutes." The Receptionist informed before leaving through a door behind her.
She wasn't gone very long and when she reappeared she held several pieces of paper in one hand. She sat back down in her black spinning chair and looked over at me. "Okay, you're ticket is here," She said handing over my plane ticket. "And you're plane leaves in about 8 minutes. This," She handed over another piece of paper, "Is just the airline leaflet with all the information that you might need and it will help you with any future travel plans."
I held my ticket firmly into my hand and shoved the other piece roughly into the front pouch of my bag. "Thank you." I said to the receptionist.
She smiled and said. "Have a nice flight."
I left the desk and glanced down at my ticket, looking for my plane terminal. Terminal 17. Seat 38c.
It didn't take me long to find my Terminal, it was surprisingly close to the 'help desk'. But just as I got to the waiting area they were just beginning to board the flight. That was perfectly fine with me, it meant that I didn't have to wait very long until we finally take off.
I stood at the end of the line and waited patiently for the line to decrease as everyone boarded. When it was my turn I handed my ticket over and they nodded in conformation. 
When I found my seat I was happy that it was situated at the end, because there was no way that I could last an 9 hour flight without having to go to the toilet.
I shoved my bag in the luggage carrier above the seat and relaxed.I had never been a big fan of flying or really having my feet off of the ground, really but that flight wasn't too bad. When a small child -maybe around 5- sat down next to me I was dreading the next 9 hours. But he turned out to be rather good company. We spent hours on end playing snap and other easy card games, but I wasn't bored and I was slightly upset to be parting with the entertaining little kid.
I left the airport and flagged down a Taxi and then gave them Hollee's hotel address. I felt excited to finally be able to see her after so long. 
The drive took a while but my music was able to keep my company for the majority of it.  When we pulled up I handed over the money and grabbed my bag.
I walked into the Hotel reception. Wow, Hollee really does like to live in luxury. I thought as I took in my surrounding.
"Hello, can I help you?" The receptionist asked. It was an older man this time, I'd say around late 40s,  he was plump with a lot of greying hair, but he had a friendly smile.
I politely smiled back and nodded walking the rest of the distance to the desk. "Yes, im looking for Hollee Sargent, I think she's staying in room 36b but I'm not completely sure, coukd you check for me please." 
The older man hummed and began typing away on his computer. He chuckled and glanced up at me. "You were close, she's in room 37b." 
I laughed with him. "Sorry and thank you."
"It's more than okay. Have a good day." 
"You too." I said warmly.
I walked away from the desk in the direction if the elevators. 

All through the elevator ride, I couldn't stop the excitement within me, I didn't realise how much I'd missed Hollee until now. Ive always had these moments when she would pop into my mind and I'd miss her but this wasnt the same. 
The elevator dinged as the doors to hollees level opened. 
Walking down the hallway I glanced for door to door. 
34b.
35b
36b
.
.
37b . I Stopped outside of the door, my hands literally shaking from excitement. I slowly lifted one hand up and knocked on the door 3 times. 
IT was silent at first, but then I could hear some shuffling behind the door. The door clicked as it was hesitantly opened and the familiar blonde hair came into view, followed by rest of my best friend.  She hadn't changed much, her hair may be slightly blonder than before but that was the most obvious change I could see. Her hazel eyes outlined and defined by her wing-styled eyeliner, bright red lips and then her clothing style hadn't changed much either. She still stuck to the same sophisticated, elegant theme. 
I grinned at her. "Miss me?"