Taekook: Bucket list

Requested by: Anaira24

Genre: Fluff, Romance
Rating: G

Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook were in a relationship for the past five years. It was a happy relationship with fewer fights, constant teasing, and a lot of surprises. They were deeply in love with each other and they lost count of how many hugs and stolen kisses were shared. 

Jungkook's 21st birthday was right around the corner and Taehyung wanted to surprise him in a different manner. Usually, Taehyung would take him out for dinner and buy him expensive gifts but this time, he decided not to follow that cliche idea. Both of them loved to look at the night sky and they wanted to count stars together. They weren't too familiar with constellations. He decided the perfect spot to look at the galaxy from below. Taehyung had a secret wish list and he crossed off most of it. They had kissed under the rain and they had cooked dinner for each other. They looked like a picture-perfect couple with only a few obstacles. 

Jungkook's birthday was one week from the present day and Taehyung decided to cross another one from the list as a surprise. Taehyung was at work when he decided to pay a visit to the jewelry shop which was two streets away from his office. He then decided that they spend his birthday in Jungkook wanted to visit that place. It was going to be their first time traveling together. He had their passports ready and all he had to do was to tell Jungkook.

Jungkook was watching Ghibli late in the evening when Taehyung reached their shared apartment. Summer was almost over and Taehyung decided to break the news casually.

"Jungkook, I think you should pack your bags as we're going on a trip day after tomorrow."

"Where are we going and for how long is the trip?" asked the gaping Jungkook.

"We're going to Japan for two weeks," Taehyung said in a nonchalant manner.

Jungkook's eyes became wider and squealed in delight. He literally jumped on Taehyung, kissing him all over and thanking him for the surprise. Only Taehyung knew what more was coming. 

It was only five days left for Jungkook's birthday and they had left for Japan. Jungkook was hyped up about going to Japan and he couldn't wait to set foot in the country. After they had landed, Jungkook stared at the view from the taxi with awe. Tokyo had wonderful buildings and the roads were sparkling clean.

He was astounded by how the taxi doors open automatically but it wasn't surprising as Japan is technologically forward. Both of them didn't find any garbage bins on the street and they wondered how the streets were so clean. The taxi driver was really polite to them. There were so many old people out on the street and there were many pedestrians wearing health masks. Healthcare is so advanced in Japan that it could save lives. The roads were pretty organized as well. 

The hotel they stayed in was quite lavish and everything in the hotel screamed luxury. The skyscrapers and the beauty of Tokyo could be seen from their hotel room. On the first day, they went to Senso Ji temple which was the historic temple built to honor Kannon, who was the goddess of mercy. Luckily, the temple had lesser crowd than usual as it was a weekday. Around the temple, there were lots of shopping vendors which sold souvenirs and food items. The food was tasty indeed. The shops never accepted credit cards which Jungkook found a bit irritating. The admission inside the temple had no fee. The massive structure alongside the pagoda left them breathless and they saw a place of smoke to purify themselves before entering the temple. There was an interesting mix of tradition and modernity. 

They bought themselves a kimono from one of the stalls. Some people mistook Jungkook and Taehyung as Japanese people and they calmly explained that they were Koreans.

They spent their evening at the Tokyo Skytree, taking a fine view of the magnificent city from the top. Though the city view was fascinating, Taehyung saw Jungkook's face even more fascinating. Jungkook caught Taehyung gazing at him and leaned to kiss him on the lips. In less than a minute, both of them were kissing with the city view as the background. How romantic!

After a few days which was well spent in Tokyo, Jungkook's birthday was only one day away. They were prepared to leave to an island with fewer inhabitants. They took the night flight to Hachijojima and from there, they took a helicopter to the secluded island of Aogashima. 

Aogashima was a volcanic island, administered by Tokyo and it took a good two hours to travel from Tokyo to this transcendental island. There were only five inns since it was a small island. After refreshing themselves at one of those inns, they went out to witness their rich nature. They hiked and noticed the seasonal flowers and trees that they have never seen before. It was mesmerizing. They soon grew tired and Jungkook spotted some steam. It was a thrill that they decided to follow where the steam came from. Was it that volcano? As they approached the source, there was no hint of sulfur or any burning odor. It was a natural made sauna. Taehyung slowly approached it and let his hand glide across the water. Then, he motioned for Jungkook to come closer and sensing no danger, they decided to step inside. A new moon night was falling and they decided to head to the beach after a relaxing session. 

The beach was beautiful, they watched the sunset in silence, and soon the sky turned from an orangish red to violet and two stars were twinkling in the sky. After a while, millions appeared and they were lying on the beach, side by side, watching an entire galaxy with no one around them. This was the dream vacation that they were looking for. Their faces showed content and harmony as it reflected their feelings of bliss. 

"This is what I have wanted all my life. Thank you so much for this. You'll never know how euphoric I am." said Jungkook after letting out a happy sigh.

Taehyung looked at his watch and it was past midnight. Time did fly and they never got bored of looking at the night sky in silence

"Happy birthday, Jungkook. I love you and I want us to be together forever." 

Taehyung took a box out of his pocket. It was a beautiful ring from the jewelry shop and he bent on one knee.

"Our last five years were spent in happiness, sadness, lust, comfort and most importantly, love. I am looking forward to spend the rest of my life with you. Jeon Jungkook, will you marry me?"

Jungkook jumped up and down and tears of happiness were flowing down his cheeks.

"Yes. Of course. Yes. Yes. YES!"

After Taehyung stood up, Jungkook jumped on him and hugged him so tight, kissing him  on the lips under the stars.

Taehyung had a lot to cross from his list once he got back to Seoul.

--x--x--x--

Author's note

Yo. Vkook is one of my favorite ships which will always stay real. I ship this more than any other OTP. 

This one might seem kind of boring but I really hope you like it and if you don't, feel free to let me know. I will be open to constructive criticism and feedback. 

Until then <333