Chapter 94

Williams POV:

When they entered into a house, William kept his little brother close. Harvey gave them a quick tour of the place, before William dismissed himself and Alex to go to the rooms they would be staying in. They had separate rooms, but for now William pulled Alex into his.

"Alex, I think we should be careful around Harvey.." he warned in a quiet voice, so Harvey wouldn't be able to hear. Alex drew his eyebrows together.

"... what...? What do you mean...?"

"Alex, he wants to hurt jim and y/n... maybe this side of him is good, but we don't know how well he can control it yet... we'll stay with him for a while, see where he's at. He sounds like he wants us here to get to know us better, but I don't think the 'other side' of him will be able to let go of jim so easily.. they don't get along and I think Harvey really wants to hurt him..."

"William, just because you have trust issues doesn't mean I have to." Alex crossed his arms, frowning up at his older brother. William ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath so he wouldn't lash out. Then he knelt down to Alex's height.

"Alex..." he pulled the kid into his arms, giving him a hug to hopefully portray that he wanted to protect him, and wanted what was best for him.

".... i just don't want to see you get hurt. I'm sure y/n doesn't either. I know you hate me for listening to jim, and to an extent, becoming like him... but I need you to listen to me just this once, okay? Our lives could be in danger.."

"...." Alex was silent a moment, before pushing out of Williams embrace.

"..... my life is always in danger. I live with a murderer." Alex snapped, before leaving the room and slamming the door to his own room. William shook his head and huffed. Alex was only 10, but lord, sometimes he could swear the kid was as moody, if not more so than a teenager. He didn't blame him though... William hated jim for turning him INTO a murderer. .... but as long as he doesn't do the same to Alex, William would press on. ... try to protect the kid as much as he could.

Leaving his door open a crack to head any potential oncoming danger, William turned off the lights and forced himself to climb into bed. It was hard to fall asleep, but in time he managed to do so.

Alex's POV:

11:07pm

Alex sat in the corner of his temporary room, sending you a quick goodnight text.

'I miss you, y/n. I hope things are going alright there. Sleep well!! :)' He tried to come off as cheery sounding as possible in the text... at least this way you wouldn't be able to tell he was lying. Hopefully.

11:39pm

Alex laid in bed, contemplating whether or not he should sleep. The cons seemed to outweigh the pros; if he slept he would have nightmares, his 'other side' might take over him without Alex being able to fight it, and it could trigger Harvey's other side and they might hurt William or even you...

... but... Alex was so tired. And if he slept.... then maybe he wouldn't be so tired tomorrow...?

12:01am

Despite his worries, Alex had fallen asleep, his breath softly echoing through the room in the peaceful silence. Nightmares snuck up on him however, breaking the restful sleep. In them, a door creaked open. A faceless shadow crept through the darkness towards him. Whispers in his ear told him he was going to fail; everyone he ever loved was going to die. He broke into a cold sweat, whimpering in sadness and fear from an ominous danger that he couldn't see. He felt a small pain course through him for a split second, and then it was gone.