Chapter 60

You breathed out, before quickly going to your door and opening it, all dressed up. You were dressed girlier than usual, to look as innocent as possible in a pink flare miniskirt with a white crop top, and white boots. Something along the lines of this:

Alex smiles up at you happily and waves, William raises an eyebrow at your outfit, but

Alex smiles up at you happily and waves, William raises an eyebrow at your outfit, but. Doesn't say a word.

".. ready to go?" He asks, glancing towards the door. You nodded and smiled.

"Yup!! Let's get outta here." You said with a grin, grabbing Alex's hand and pulling him along with you to the door happily. William chuckled softly from behind you two, he seemed glad that Alex had some sort of friend to be with.

As you left the building, you felt your heartbeat slowly rise. You kept a grin on your face so William wouldn't clue in that you were nervous, and you looked around happily. ... but really you were just scouting out the area to be sure there was no mass shooting about to go down around you. You went to downtown London, happily following Alex through the crowds as he showed you the best stores for comic books and video games. Your phone buzzed, so you checked it.... sure enough, it was from unknown again.

"Hey Alex!" You said, kneeling down to his height happily.

"You seem to like books and reading- here. Here's £15. Go buy any book you can, I'm gonna go get you a hot chocolate. William, could you take him? I'll meet up with you guys in front of the bookstore." You smile, standing up straight to face William. I Liam stared at you a moment, trying to read you. Heh, too bad! You'd gotten pretty dang good at looking genuine when you wanted to.

"Y/n, I don't think that's a good idea, jim wanted us to stay together.."

"Oh hush, it's fine! It's broad daylight, what's the worst that could happen?? Besides, there's a million people on the street, I'm pretty sure it's safe. Just take him, okay? If anything happens, shout for me." You say with a smile, shooing them away. William sighs, eventually giving up and doing as told. You swallow, checking your phone again, which gave the name of what you assumed was a coffee shop, and directions to it. You followed them, and went into the building. It was just a normal coffee shop, why did the man want you to go here....? .... hm. Anyways, you ordered a hot chocolate for Alex, and a tea for William, since.. he seemed to like it a lot, ahah. British stereotyping.

While you waited for the order, you took a seat at a small table, pulling out your phone. You were about to text the man back, asking what was going on, when a person bumped into you, dropping an envelope on your table. You stood, opening your mouth to alert the person, but before you could say anything you realized that they were gone, disappeared into the crowd of people. Oh.... wait....

You sat down again, picking up the envelope in your hands. You stared at it a moment, before carefully opening it. You gasped at what lay inside, turning slightly pale.

It was the photo. The photo of younger William and Jim that you had seen earlier in Jim's desk. Except someone had ripped it completely in half, separating the two men. They also painted a red 'X' over Jim's face, the word 'LIAR' scribbled underneath. Jesus. This had quickly escalated into one of those mystery thriller movies where the murderer usually ends up being the wife of the man who cheated on her...