Chapter 70

You picked up your phone, glaring at the messages sadly, yet also angrily. You wanted to hate jim for everything he was doing... but you felt bad for him. You... wanted to be with him. Even more than before.

'Enjoying yet, my dear~? Let me make this a little more interesting.'

The text worried you... wasn't the bomb enough? ... Jim, please don't do anything stupid... You went off to find him, heading in the direction he had left.

... but instead, you ran into Harvey, all cut up and bleeding, half passed out. Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped open.

"Oh my GOD!!! What HAPPENED??!!" You asked, immediately helping him down into a sitting position, propping him up on the wall.

"William and Alex— a-are they okay-" Harvey asked immediately, and your heart practically shattered. You didn't know what to do. You wanted to take care of Harvey, but you suddenly were freaked out about the other boys.

"I— I don't know. Let me have your phone-" you said, taking his phone and calling William's number from it, while trying to determine how badly Harvey had been hurt. William didn't answer. So, you called Alex. While it was ringing, you began questioning Harvey on what happened.

"Who did this, Harvey? Could you see?" You asked, looking at his expression as you took off your jacket to press against one of his larger wounds that was openly bleeding. He turned slightly more pale than he already was from blood loss, and shook his head. You stared at him blankly, before your eyes slowly narrowed.

".... don't lie to me, Harvey. You're in a vulnerable state and I'm helping you, but I can hurt you just as easily." You threatened, putting slightly more pressure than needed on his wound, causing him to flinch a little. He was silent a moment, then swallowed.

"I think.... it might've been jim. He.. came up behind me but I managed to catch a glimpse of his shoes as he retreated around the corner- nngh-" He cringed in pain, You retracted your hands in realization that you had continued pressing on the wound a lot harder than needed. Of course. Anyone who worked for jim was trained to notice every aspect of everyone. Of course Harvey recognized Jim's shoes when he saw them. You were filled with rage at the prospect. You glanced at Harvey's phone beside you- sure enough, Alex didn't answer either. You couldn't call the police, they'd arrest jim and you'd never see him again.... damnit.

"I'm sorry, y/n.." Harvey mumbled, picking up on your silence, and the rage coursing through you. "I know you liked him.... I'm sorry-" He breathed through clenched teeth, obviously in quite a bit of pain. Which was surprising, because knowing he worked for jim, he must have an incredibly high pain tolerance. This must be really bad. Nevertheless, you remained silent. Keeping one hand pressing your jacket to the mans bleeding wound, you pulled out your own phone. You texted the mystery man, who was apparently jim after all.

'What the hell did you do with William and Alex.'

You were filled with intense hatred for jim right now. You wanted to protect those boys, and no matter how much you lo- .. liked jim, you would stop him. Before he can do anything to hurt them, hopefully.... Jim's response was immediate, your eyes darkened at it. You found yourself wanting to hurt someone again...

'Don't worry, my dear~ they're safe and sound. With me.'