Chapter 77

You looked at jim, putting a hand on his shoulder softly. If Alex said he seemed sincere, then... you'd try your best to believe it.

"... if you're telling the truth jim, thank you... and.. we'll help you figure this out." You state, trying to come off as sincere and empathetic as possible, although you were, of course, still upset about everything that had happened. You glanced back at the other boys, noting that Alex had now fallen asleep in his dad's arms. Healing himself must've taken a lot of energy out of him... poor boy.... at least he was okay. William was looking down, pretending to be thinking about something deep and philosophical, however you could tell he was smiling on the inside. He was finally accepting Harvey as family. Thank god.

You stood up, flinching at your still-healing wound.

"... let's get back to your office, jim. Everything will go back to normal soon enough." You smiled, offering him a hand to stand up. He didn't take it, however, knowing you were in pain and he could fend for himself. Ugh. Manly machoness. Come on, jim, you were trying to be nice. ...... wait. Oh. Here's a plan.

You smiled, taking a couple steps before cringing and almost collapsing in pain. As predicted, jim immediately came to YOUR aid, helping you up and steadying you. There we go. If you can't help jim, let him help you. Maybe things would start going back to normal sooner than you thought..

You smiled at jim, allowing his hand to remain at your low back in case you needed him again, but also leaving the option open for you to put your arm around his shoulder for him to fully support you, if needed. You all walked back to Jim's building; jim helping you, Harvey carrying the sleeping alex, and William trudging along behind all of you being the weird loner he thinks he is. When you got back, the group dispersed, leaving only you and jim. You were feeling a lot better now, you had healed up a LOT since before. ..... somehow. ... you'd definitely have to ask William what the hell happened there, but. At this point, you didn't think anything could surprise you too much.

Jim sat you at his desk, in his chair, and you smiled up at him thankfully.

"Does this make me special?" You joke, squirming happily in his seat. Jim simply raised an eyebrow, remaining pretty much blank as always.

"... my dear, I know it's getting late, but I have work to do. I know you want to 'keep an eye on me', but you also need rest". You looked at him sternly, then crossed your arms.

"...... Fine. ..... but first, I asked William to bring us some tea." You grinned, and right on time William brought you both in some tea. He left immediately after, and jim sighed, obviously not really in the mood for it but... he allowed it.

You both pretty much sat in silence as you drank, but it gave you time to observe jim. He seemed pretty lost in his mind for the most part. As if sad and broken, but working overtime to try to figure something out. You wanted to help his sadness... no matter how upset you were, you would push it all aside. One more chance, jim... maybe this time, you'd be able to help him.

When you both finished, you felt yourself feeling groggy. You stood up, wincing in pain at your still-healing wound. (Although it was mostly for show, honestly it didn't really hurt that much anymore) jim glanced at you, then stood, immediately resuming his supporting position beside you to help you to your room. By the time you got there, you were already yawning.

"..right. I'll see you in the morning, y/n." Jim said quietly, stepping away from you slightly.

.... you grabbed him by his tie.

"Oh no, jim. I said I'd keep an eye on you. Besides, if I have to sleep, so do you." You ordered, pulling him into your room, smiling at the fact that your evil scheme had worked. Mwahaha, you tricked jim and he didn't see it coming.

"Y/n, I don't think this is appropriate-" jim seemed shocked and confused, so you laughed, shaking your head.

"Who cares? You're under probation now, someone's gotta supervise you." You smile, closing the door. Jim sighed, looking down.

"Y/n-"

You crossed your arms steely, and glared at him. He owed you for putting you through all that crap. Even if it. May or may not have been his fault. ... still! Besides, you weren't going to do anything with him. You just needed to keep an eye on him, make sure he wasn't going to kill someone or something. He looked at your expression a moment, then sighed once more.

"... fine." He finally replied. You smiled, hugging him tiredly, yet relieved.

"Thank you." You said, yawning once again. Jim looked at you, before carefully helping you over to your bed. You laid down, stretching out.

"Goodnight, y/n." Jim said, but before he could back away, you grabbed his tie again.

"N- y/n I'll just be right over here, I'll sleep on the floor-"

"Jim, stay." You replied, looking up at him with a tired smile. He stared at you a moment, seeming incredibly confused, sad, and still extremely shocked. You wanted him to genuinely feel forgiven, you didn't like seeing him so sad. ... besides, if he was laying on the floor, you likely wouldn't hear him get up or sneak out of the room.

Finally understanding what you wanted, jim sighed, laying by you.

"..... this definitely isn't appropriate." Jim mumbled. You smiled to yourself, closing your eyes.

"Shut up and sleep." You replied, turning over. Thankfully, he did.