Prologue

No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.

-Taylor Swift <3

A Stranger's POV

I read Gayle Forman's take on falling in love in her Just One Day novel. She said that falling in love is different from being in love. In her novel, she wrote that falling in love is a feeling that gradually disappears, whereas being in love is something that never comes off no matter how much you want it to. Now Bram and Yael; Willem and Allyson  - the characters in the novel - may have proved that. But that's just fiction. A product of Ms. Gayle's creative mind.

But...

I know two people who really did stay in love. I saw it with my own eyes and felt the trueness of their love with my own heart. A love so powerful that changed not just their lives but also the lives of the people around them. A love so mighty that objections, lies, separation, time, scars, and even death couldn't stop their hearts from calling each other's. A love so brave, I saw an emotionally wounded girl ran into a raging battlefield to retrieve her sword with no assurance whether she'll reach her weapon in peace, or in pieces.

I still remember the way she used to talk about him. I have every word carved in my mind. Her words are way too precious to be forgotten and unrecognized.

"It's crazy. Every time I close my eyes all I see is his gorgeous brown eyes that sparkle like the rarest diamond. Tapos pag magkasama kami at tinititigan niya ako, this spasmic...volcano in my stomach erupt. But it's the good kind. And his smile? Parang...parang...parang nagiging slow motion yung takbo ng mundo ko at... Nakakabingi! Ang naririnig ko lang yung heartbeat ko. But his love... His love makes me feel the best and the worst things a person could ever possibly feel. His love got me feeling so strong yet vulnerable, contented but thirsty, courageous yet fearful and independent and dependent all at the same time. Javi is so frustrating yet he's like an angel. He's my angel."

The way she talked about him and the way he talked about her, the way they treated each other, the way they fought for each other, the way they held one another, and just how in love they are with each other gave me hope. Javi and Kristine's story is a magnificent one that needs to be told.

There are over 7 billion people out there. I'm pretty confident that I am not the only person who is lucky enough to know and witness two people be in love.

Ikaw, may nakilala ka na ba?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May nakilala ka na nga ba?