Moving On

Ima Boy!

By: totesFABwardrobe
Date Published: September 27

Summary: Vanesa was walking on the beach when she saw it; lying on the ground was a strange glowing orb. She bent to touch it and when she did, every one in her life, including herself got gender swapped! Now know as Van she must find Fiona before it's too late! (set before What Happens when someone close to you dies) Spoilers for the last book read at your own risk!

Recap of chapter four: Van's discovered that Fiona is a secret identity, and that her real name is Lauren. He also learns that there are some bubbles in this new reality where things revert back to how they where. In a rush to get to such a pocket, Van runs to the restaurant he knows Lauren works at where he mistakes Lauren's friend for Lauren. She tells him off, and he begs her to tell the real Lauren to meat him at the beach (the last known pocket of the previous reality). Now Van must hope Lauren shows up in time to restore the previous reality.

A quick word: This is a gender swap book read at your own risk! No haters or flaming.

Disclaimer: I'm not Helen Tranker.

His heart hammered against the chest that Van still wasn't used to being flat. He was back at the beach, where all his troubles began. Just looking around at everyone playing in the waves, and sun bathing on the sand gave Van serious PTSD to the last time he was there. Lauren would show up any minute, van has faith she will. He looks around at all the industrial made people surrounding him and suddenly can't wait for when he becomes a she again.

He sits down in the sand and contemplates how beautiful the waves are as they come crashing to his feet. The foamy water is colder than he expected, and Van wishes that his mother was here to enjoy it with him. She always tried to cheer him up by taking him to the beach and Van wishes she could be here now. He wasn't feeling too down on himself, but Van still wanted his mom to feel how perfect the moment was.

Van was close to reuniting with Lauren. Van was close to becoming Vanesa again. Things were close to being made right, but first there was a little moment of goodness as the waves came crashing to to his feet.

The PTSD Van felt would pass, the moment Lauren came back into his life. He was sure of it. 

"Van," A voice said behind him. Van felt his whole body freeze, he would recognize that voice anywhere. Male or Female, that was Lauren formerly known as Laurence.

Van slowly turned around, he was about to have a heart attack. Just being in the same presence as Lauren was too much for him.

There she was, just as Van remembered  Laurence looking but gender swapped. Lauren had the same blue eyes that looked like she had been and seen through hell. The same skinny frame that needed a little fattening up. The same wildly curly hair, although now it was longer than Van remembered.

"Is it really you?" Van asked in amazement, he tentively held out a hand towards Lauren, afraid to touch her.

"Yes," Lauren said, she closed the distance between them and allowed Van to caress her cheek.

Lauren was really there, Van realized in amazement. He could really feel her cheek. It was soft.  he pinches it. Lauren rolled her eyes. Van cried out in amazement and scooped Lauren up into a hug.

He twirled Lauren around and held on tight, too afraid to let go.  They both laughed happily when Van set Lauren back down on the sandy beach.

Then Van remembered everything, how he was gender swapped. Lauren had broken up with him. They needed to return things to their rightful form, or Lauren would die.