Chapter 17.2: Extra Chapter- WELCOME HOME!

Chapter 17.2:

~~~~~~~~~~

Extra Chapter-

WELCOME HOME!

The small 5 year old boy sat waiting in the den near the hall for his father to come home from his week-long business trip. It was near 6 p.m., and his mother would be done with dinner around 6:30. He desperately wanted to eat dinner with his father on his first day back home, but he was running late from the airport, so the boy sat near the window, waiting for a pair of headlights to flash into the driveway.

"Akihiko, can you come help me set the table for dinner?" the boy's mother called through the large home they lived in from the kitchen. Akihiko quickly stood up and ran over to his mother's side. He looked up at his mother's seemingly ageless and flawless face, and she smiled down at him.

"Here, take these to the table please" his mother requested, handing him three clean plates.

"Why three plates? Me and you are the only ones here" Akihiko questioned, clearly showing his disappointment that his father wasn't home yet.

"Well," his mother started, sighing the word, "dinner is still not quite ready, so who knows? Your father might show up any minute. I just want to have a place for him at the table if he does."

Akihiko nodded, smiling down at the plates. He walked the plates carefully to the dining table, placing them down on the marble surface. He went back and forth from the kitchen a few times before bringing everything that needed to be on the table out. His eyes fell upon a glimmering light coming through the window.

Excited, Akihiko ran up to the window, watching ecstatically as a limousine made it's way into the looped drive way and parked in front of the small mansion. He didn't waste time in running to the door, swinging it wide open and watching as his father stepped out of the limo slowly, pushing up his glasses and picking up his suitcase.

"Daddy!" He exclaimed, running down the paved walk way of their house and jumping into his father's arms. His father held him back with affection, smiling down at him.

"Hello Akihiko, why are you so energetic this late at night? Have you been troubling to your mother?" Akihiko's father asked him, putting him down.

"No, I've made sure to study and take care of mommy" Akihiko replied, smiling up at his beloved father.

"Excellent, I'm proud of you". Akihiko's father looked towards the doorway to see his mother leaning against the door, gleaming. He grinned, walking to the entrance of the house, Akihiko treading behind.

"Hello Kyouya, my dear" The mother greeted, her smiling brightening.

"Hello Akari, my love" Kyouya greeted in return, leaning down and kissing his wife. She took this chance to hug him tightly, letting go after she felt it was getting cold outside. The three walked into the house together, Kyouya walking up the stairs to Akari's and his bedroom to put away his things.

Afterwards, he rejoined Akari and Akihiko at the dining table, all of the food for their dinner laid out neatly. Kyouya served himself as Akari helped serve herself and Akihiko. After getting their servings, all three of them whispered an "itadikimasu" and began eating.

"So dad, how was your trip?" Akihiko asked curiously.

"Well, I didn't have a lot of time to look around, but from what I did see Kawasaki is a beautiful city. We may be able to visit there in a few weeks."

Akihiko brightened up. "Really? You won't have to work that week?"

Kyouya chuckled from his son's excitement. "Yes, I've assured myself a week off in a few weeks, we can go then together."