Chapter 11: CAUSE AND EFFECT

Chapter 11:

CAUSE AND EFFECT

As Akari woke up the next morning, she sighed and rubbed her eyes from her very small amount of sleep. After the incident the night before, She had trouble going to sleep, instead, she stayed up, the words Kyouya said to her repeating over and over again in her mind. "My betrothed..." she thought, as she started to prepare for school, only half awake.

Right as Akari was becoming used to being by Kyouya's side, he had to surprise and confuse her with his actions. "I bet that's why he kissed me," Akari thought, as she slipped on her left shoe and ran a comb through her hair, "He knew I was just about to figure him out, but of course, that man can never be figured out can he?!" Akari quickly thought about this and decided that was perfect explanation. "Yes, that's right, just act as if that never happened, he just wants me to become flustered near him, but I won't allow myself to be that slow" She whispered, as she put on a clear and concise face.

At exactly 8' a.m., The Ootori's limo pulled into Akari's driveway, and the chauffeur stepped out and stood ready to open the door for Akari. She swiftly slipped out of her house a few minutes later and made her way to the limousine, bowing to the chauffeur and slipping into the limo. "I'm sorry I'm a bit late, I had to look for a book" Akari said, as she looked over to where Kyouya sat.

"It's fine, did you find it?" Kyouya asked, his face seeming tired but still blatant as he pushed up his glasses.

"Ah yes, I did" Akari answered, as she took out a slim copy of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and looked down at the book, "I need to turn it in today."

"Hmm, have you read that book when you were smaller?"

"No, at our old villa, we didn't have many interesting books, just knowledgable ones."

"I see, well it does seem that book would be your cup of tea."

Akari looked up from the book at Kyouya, a bit curious. "Please explain your theory."

"Well, in my opinion, Alice reminds me much of yourself."

"...You're half right."

"Oh, only half? Please explain why."

"Well, in the book, doesn't Alice have enough freedom to where she could go and run off when she becomes bored of her sister's teachings?"

"Yes, she does."

"Exactly, I cannot run away from my family or from anything fates put in front of me, not only because it be almost impossible, but also because if I ran away, what type of person would I be? I don't plan to run from anything."

Kyouya loooked up at Akari and gave a slight grin at her words. "Well well, aren't you admirable? I'm not sure if I can say I've never ran away from something or somebody, it'd be hard to remember."

"I see, so you're one that looks more into the future than the past?"

"If I had to say, then yes, I look more into the future, the past is of no concern to me."

"I don't really look for the past or future, I'm always too focused on what's happening here and now." After saying that, Akari sat back into her seat and stared out the windows the limo pulled into the school's driveway.

Kyouya got off first, then walked to Akari's side of the limo, opening the door and helping her out of the limousine. They walked up to the large academy together, both silent but thinking about their conversation in the car. Again, like the other day, Kyouya walked Akari up to her class.

"Will you come to the host club after school again today?" Kyouya asked as he pushed up his glasses a bit.

"Yes I will, but why? Does your family want me to come over again?"

"No, but you'll see when you get there."

"Oh, I see" Akari said, with a confused tone in her voice. She walked into her classroom, waving goodbye to Kyouya and making her way to her seat as again everyone stared with awe at her.

"Surprises, surprises, always surprises with him" Akari whispered, as she sighed and waited for class to begin.

~+~+~+~

Akari walked curiously over to the host club, making her way in as she saw a big crowd of girls already there. "Wow, it's either they're early or I'm late" Akari thought.

Kyouya looked over and gave a polite smile to her. "Come over here, Akari" he said.

Akari reluctantly walked over to where he stood at the front of the large room. "Now that you're here, I can say it" Kyouya whispered to her.

"Excuse me, all of our guests, can you please give me a moment of your time. Many things have been going around about me, I am aware of that, so I'd like to tell everyone the truth. Me and Akari are officially engaged, and it will be announced next week when our wedding date is. Please don't worry, the host club will still continue, I just wanted to share this information with many of our beloved guests who were wondering" Kyouya announced loudly, as he looked over the large crowd of surprised and shocked girls staring up at him and Akari.

Akari also looked up in shock at Kyouya's announcement. "This...is probably the most shocking surprise I've gotten from Kyouya yet."