Chapter 4: IF I DONT CHOOSE IT ON MY OWN I CANT LIVE THAT WAY

Chapter 4:

IF I DON'T CHOOSE IT ON MY OWN, I CAN'T LIVE THAT WAY.

As the last bell of the day rang, Akari walked out to the limousine waiting for her, sliding into the deluxe white stretch and relaxing for a bit before getting home and having to deal with this "important announcement". "More complex thoughts that I have to get stuck in my head probably" Akari thought, looking out the window at the bright scenery around her neighborhood, All of the houses were mansions, and all the households in her neighborhood were made up of prestigious families or carefree rich people.

The limo swiftly pulled into the circular shaped drive way, showing 3 maids standing outside, waiting for Akari. "Good afternoon, Lady Akari!" They all said in sync "We must hurry and get you dressed, were having an extremely important dinner!" As they lead Akari into the house, them looking frantic and quick as Akari walked rhythmically, taking wide strong steps instead of trying to run.

As they entered Akari's room, all the maids hastily took out a new, clean, and beautiful silk kimono, a pattern of Sakura blossoms on it in many bold colors. They undressed and redressed Akari into this masterpiece.

"This must be more extreme than I thought if everyone's this excited about it" Akari pondered as she watched the women run around, grabbing hair and clothing accessories. They swiftly put up Akari's sleek dark brown hair into a long pony tail that hung down to her lower back. They clipped the cherry blossom clips into the start of her ponytail, adding a beautiful red flower to the left side of her hair.

Her whole outfit came out amazingly, she truly looked like a beautiful doll, one that would cost thousands to even touch. She sat, waiting to be called downstairs. "Ugh, this outfit is so heavy" she mumbled, looking down at the marble ground "luckily I don't have to wear makeup".

As Akari waited for her cue, her brother, Masaki, rushed over to her room. "Akari, the guests have arrived" Masaki said, looking surprised at her graceful scene, "you're ready to come down, right?".

"Ah, um , yes, but who are these guest?" Akari asked, still very confused why she had to go through all this preparation.

"Oh, they're the Ootori family" Masaki said, before he dashed off down the hall downstairs. "Ootori...damn," Akari thought, as she looked up at the ceiling and sighed "I still haven't sorted out my thoughts, but I can always conceal that,....but, with Kyouya, I'm not sure if I can just cover up my thoughts, those eyes pull them out of me". She took a deep breath and stood up, walking out of the room towards the stairs.

As she walked down the long staircase, everyone was in awe at her elegant appearance, except for Kyouya, who just smiled with a cold look.

"There're those eyes again, those sorrowful eyes" She thought, as she walked down the last step and bowed. "Good evening, I am Akari Koizumi, it is a pleasure to have all of you" Akari said diligently, as she smiled politely.

"Oh yes, your father has told us so much about you!" Mr. Ootori said, bowing slightly and showing a sophisticated smile "It's an honor to finally see you, you're just as extravagant as we've heard". Mrs. Ootori nodded in approval to Mr. Ootori's words, as she smiled warmly. The other Ootori sons both also smiled admiringly at her.

"Thank you for such kind words," Akari said gently, as she directed the guest towards the dining hall. "Please head that way, some appetizers should be ready by now".

As they headed into the hall and sat around the white polished marble table, Kyouya coincidentally ending up next to Akari, Akari's family came in and joined them, her brother taking time to introduce himself before sitting down.

As the chefs brought in the first course of the four course meal, they all, in synch, said "itadikimasu" and started to serve themselves. They had small topic conversations during their meal, talking friendly throughout three courses, Akari instinctly putting on perfect smiles and answering any questions asked to her wisely. As the fourth course came out, Akari's father stood up, clinking lightly on his desk to announce something.

"I'm very grateful that my good friend, Mr. Ootori, can be able to come and celebrate with us on such a blessed day, I know most of you don't know, but this day has been conversed and talked over for some time now, and I'm glad to announce that both of our youngest child, Kyouya and Akari shall be getting engaged!"

"Eh?!"