Chapter 2: I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT...

CHAPTER 2:

I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT...

As Akari stepped into her families large mansion, she rushed up the stairs to her room so her father wouldn't see her blatant expression, she's never shown her father her genuine emotions, and her mother,... no, wait, stepmother was all the same. Of course she couldn't be her real mother even if she tried, but that was the problem, she didn't try.

No one could see that flustered emotion she only showed to herself. Akari swiftly locked her tall polished doors to her room and laid on the wide, elegant bed that laid in the center of her refined room, staring up at the ceiling, letting her heartbeat calm down as she closed her eyes for a while.

"Why?" She started thinking, staring at the clear starry sky view painted on her ceiling, "When I saw his eyes, I couldn't help but ask that, he made me lose all my composure. How can that happen so easily to me?! My whole life I covered myself up with this doll-like perfection of an outer appeal, and he breaks it in five seconds. Damn! If I could only remember why my father showed me that picture of him, he didn't give enough detail! But those eyes, I want to see them filled,...with a pleasant emotion, hell, any emotion! And wouldn't it be amazing if I can be the one to do that!"

This sensation filled her chest, she felt as if she was getting stuffed up, she felt claustrophobic. "Well, this will only make me more confused if I think about it..." Akari whispered, taking in a deep breath before putting back on her composure and exiting her room. She walked down the long halls, picking her shoulders up gracefully, a delicate and elegant swan.

"Good afternoon Lady Akari" the maids would say as she passed by, like a choir.

"And a good one to all of you as well" she said pridefully, it was only instinct to be this way for her. She walked towards her fathers study, stopping at the door and bowing slightly. "Hello father, have you gotten your work done yet?" Akari asked, with the same tone she used while greeting the maids, except softer.

"Not yet, tell one of the maids to get me a cup of tea, some earling grey" He said, never turning around as he moved paperwork around on his desk. "Yes, father" Akari replied, as she went back down the hall and told the maids the order. Afterwards, She sat down in the den near the maid station, resting her eyes and listening in on the maids' conversations, she always loved to listen to them talk about the world of commoners, it was interesting and somewhere she's always wanted to be.

She listened in on them, but was suddenly surprised by what she heard.

"Oh my, Miss Akari is so elegant, such a beauty! If only my son could get a girl like her!" A plump sweet maid said.

"I know! She had her own authentic aura, it makes you feel as if you can be in the most ugly place and see beauty with her around!"

"Oh god," Akari thought, a bit annoyed,"not even street wise commoners can tell that's only my outside appearance!"

"But, it's a shame she's going to be busy soon, you know, with the engagement plans, her father's already wanting to plan her marriage. I heard Mr. Koizumi talking about it on the phone just this morning. He was naming possible suitors."

"Oh yes, a shame, she won't be able to pass by us with that prideful smile!"

"But hopefully that's just a rumor, but you never know."

"Engagement?! That can't happen, I'm still in high school, I cannot be trapped in this life with a cursed spoiled man I don't love!"

She stood up and started pacing back and forth, trying to get the thought out of her mind. "They probably didn't hear right. It's just a rumor, that's all" she whispered to herself, "just a rumor..."