Forty-Seven

The day before our read-through of the script, I was nervous. Sure, I had met the production team and some of the cast as I taught the dances, but this was different. I would be meeting big movie stars the next day--including Paul Rudd. "Are you guys sure?"

Tom, Harrison, and Stephanie were all sitting at the kitchen table of the apartment with me as the four of us tried to figure out the plan for tomorrow. "Grace, you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure he'll love you." Steph gently placed a hand on mine.

"She's right, darling." Tom kissed my cheek softly as I bit my lip. "Don't you remember the premiere of Iron Man 4? He was so excited to meet you at the after party."

"He was, that's true..."

"You'll be perfectly fine, Grace." Harrison smiled as he looked at me. I felt Tom grab my hand and rub it softly, and I smiled gently.

"Okay." I nodded, taking a deep breath. I was still nervous, and I could tell that everyone else could sense it, but it was practically at the point where it didn't matter. Nothing they could say would calm my fears, so we just moved on. Once we had figured out schedules for tomorrow, Steph and Harrison made their ways home.

"Darling, would a bubble bath make you feel calmer?" Tom gave me a gentle smile, and I nodded. Sure, it seemed a little cliche, but I really did find baths to be relaxing.

"Can you come with me?" He gave me a gentle smile and nodded as we stood up. He held out his hand softly, and I took it with a grin.

Once we were in the bath together, I leaned against him. "I have no idea why I'm so nervous," I whispered softly, closing my eyes. He sighed, kissing the top of my head.

"I don't either, my love." His voice was soft as he held me, and I sighed.

"Thinking about it is just making me more nervous. Can we talk about something else?"

"Of course." He grinned softly. "How have you enjoyed your time in London so far?"

"It's been really nice, actually. I've enjoyed spending so much time with you."

"Good. I was afraid you'd be sick of me before filming even started." I chuckled as he held me closer.

"I'd never be able to be sick of you, love." I smiled up at him. "Thank you for letting me crash your bachelor pad for the summer."

"It's not a bachelor pad if you're not technically a bachelor." He chuckled, pressing his lips to mine as he held me close. After a bit of kissing, I pulled back with a smile. "Please don't call me a dork or a loser again." He chuckled softly.

"They're terms of endearment." I grinned as I kissed him again, holding him as close as possible.

I'd be lying if I said the warm water was the only steamy thing right then.

As Tom and I arrived at the production area, I took a deep breath. "Let's get inside before I get too anxious." I looked at him, and he immediately took my hand and kissed it softly. I think the change in my wording tipped him off to just how I felt, and he wanted to reassure me.

Once we were inside, the first person I saw was Steph. "Hey, love. I figured you'd still be a bit shaken up, so there are some treats for you by your script." I gave her a smile as I hugged her tightly.

"Thank you so much, Steph. You're a godsend." I chuckled, and she grinned gently.

"Of course." I took a deep breath as I pulled away and looked between Tom and Steph.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Let's go." Tom smiled as he took my hand again, kissing my cheek as we walked to the table. As we walked in, I noticed that we were one of the first few there.

Along with Paul Rudd himself.

"Grace?" He smiled, standing and holding out his hand.

"Hi. I'm not gonna lie I'm actually super jittery right now." I chuckled a bit as I shook his hand, and he chuckled.

"It's okay. I heard you may be a little starstruck." He grinned as we went and sat down, him on my one side and Tom on the other, according to our place settings. "You'll learn that it's hard for Marvel stars to keep secrets about other projects."

"Is that your way of saying Tom's the one who told you how I feel?" I chuckled when he nodded, glancing back at Tom. He shrugged with a smile.

"But hey, I don't want you to worry. If it'll make you feel better, sometimes I'll come up with nicknames for my co-stars, and they'll come up with one too."

"Really?" I smiled gently as I grabbed the iced coffee Steph had placed at my table.

"Yeah. You're welcome to come up with one if you'd like." He smiled gently, and I grinned as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Any restrictions?" I gave him a playful grin, and he shook his head with a smile. "Sounds good, Crap Bag."

That was met with a big laugh from Tom and a small chuckle from Paul. "Walked right into that one, didn't I?"

"Pretty much." I chuckled gently, and I could see his smile. I was definitely feeling a lot calmer than I had been, and it seemed like everyone could tell.

"Duly noted... Regina Phalange." He gave me a wink as I chuckled softly. Tom smiled and squeezed my hand, clearly noticing how calm I was now.

At that point, Alex gathered all of our attention and said it was time to begin our read through. I definitely wasn't anxious anymore, but that didn't stop me (or Tom and Paul, frankly) from enjoying the goodies Steph had given me.

Once our read through was finished, Paul gave me a hug. "I'm so excited about this, Crap Bag." I teased, and he shook his head with a chuckle.

"Me too, Regina. Me too." I smiled as he waved, making his way out.

"So, how are you feeling now?" Tom smiled, and I grinned.

"A lot better. But I'm ready to call it a day. Home sound good?" As he nodded, he took my hand softly. I couldn't wait for this incredible experience.

Leave a comment to let me know your thoughts! :-)