Five

"Why didn't you tell any of us about this? It's such an amazing opportunity!" One of my sisters squealed as she hugged me. Next thing I knew, I was enveloped in a group hug. At least they weren't mad at me like I worried they would be.

"They made me sign an NDA and told me I couldn't tell anyone. I'm sorry girls."

"When did that happen? How long have you kept this a secret?"

"Well, um..." I glanced at Ali softly, whose eyes widened.

"You did not leave that shoot early to go to the hospital for me, right?"

"No... we were done shooting when I went to the hospital." I gave her a cheeky smile, and she hugged me tightly.

"You sneaky bitch." She giggled gently.

We all made our way home, seeing as we had a fundraiser the next day and we wanted to get at least a little sleep. Once Ali and I were alone in our room, I smiled. "Okay, I have another confession for you." She raised an eyebrow as she sat on her bed. "Remember when my cousin sent you a care package, and I told you he could pull some strings at Marvel?"

"Yeah, why?"

"That wasn't from my cousin. It was from Tom Holland."

"TOM HOLLAND SENT ME A CARE PACKAGE?!" I chuckled and nodded as she freaked out.

"Would you like me to call him so you can thank him officially?" Her wide eyes and frequent nodding made me laugh even more. I smiled and pulled out my phone, calling Tom and putting him on speaker.

"Hey there, love. How was the movie?" I could hear his cheeky smile through his accent, and I could see how starstruck Ali was.

"Oh my gosh it was absolutely incredible. I'm so proud of you!" Ali slapped my arm out of astonishment.

"Well thank you very much, love. What did the girls think of the credit scene?"

"They loved it. Actually, that's partly why I called."

"What do you mean?" I could tell he was confused, so I nudged Ali gently.

"Uh, hi Tom! My name is Ali, and, uh, Grace told me that you're who sent my package, and uh, IjustwannathankyoubecauseitwassoawesomeandIloveditsomuchthankyouthankyouthankyou."

I heard him chuckle after Ali rambled. "Well, you're welcome, Ali. When I heard about your accident when we shot the dance routine, I wanted to help any way I could. I'm glad you loved the package." I smiled as I saw Ali still freaked out.

"I think we broke her brain." I chuckled as she sat, absorbing the conversation.

"Oops." I heard him giggle, and I felt my heart flutter. Wait, what? "So do you have anything exciting coming up, love?"

"Yeah! I have a fundraiser for my sorority tomorrow, and next weekend is my recital. The shoes you gave me are getting their stage debut." Ali raised an eyebrow, gesturing to the red shoes I had on my desk. I nodded, and her eyes widened even more.  She was as shocked as I had been when I opened them.

"Oh, are they now? Well, I'm sure you'll do just as great as you did when I saw it." Ali looked at me with her eyes wider than I've ever seen them.

"Okay, I feel like May at the end of Homecoming." She said, causing both Tom and me to laugh. "Is there anything else I should know about you two?"

"Yeah, I'm jealous of Tessa." I teased, and Tom laughed as she pushed me softly.

"Well, I know it's late over there, so I'll let you lovely ladies sleep. Later loves."

When he hung up, Ali looked at me. "GRACE WHAT THAT WAS INCREDIBLE HE WAS TOTALLY FLIRTING WITH YOU!"

"I know, Ali. He's been flirting with me since we met."

"If you don't shut up I'm gonna pass out with all of this astounding information." I chuckled as I plugged my phone in and got on my bed.

"Okay. Goodnight, Ali." I saw her lay down and close her eyes, and I smiled to myself. I went on social media before going to bed, and I saw a new tweet from Tom.

@tomholland1996

Surprising people is the absolute best feeling in the world.

While that tweet could have been about our call earlier, it also could have been about something else. Did he have something up his sleeves? Do I even want to know?

The next week had been relatively uneventful leading up to the recital. Ali had gotten over her initial shock with Tom, and they had actually had some friendly conversations throughout the week. It was actually really nice to see them getting along.

Today was now the day of my studio's dance recital, where I would be performing a solo. Typically teachers are given an option to showcase their talents, so this was my shot to get back onstage.

I spent some this week preparing my red pointe shoes for the stage. As a small homage to Tom for being amazing enough to get these for me, I drew some Spider-Man webbing on the inside of the shoes. I sent a picture of it to Tom, who got a kick out of it.

As I was backstage before my number, I bit my lip softly. For some reason, I was more nervous now than I had ever been to perform. Hell, I was more nervous now than I was at the movies waiting for my scene.

When the lights when out and it was my turn to go onstage, I pushed all of my fears aside and went out onstage. I concentrated solely on my performance to push my nerves aside. As I stuck my final pose, I was met with a wave of applause. It very well could have been the loudest applause I had ever received.

I was the last dance before intermission, which was actually really nice. I had fifteen minutes to relax after my performance before I had to be helping backstage. I grabbed my phone as I got to my stuff, and I opened it to see a new text from Tom.

Told you that black and red
would go great together
onstage 😉😊

What?

Let me know what you guys think!