Forty

Tom told me that there was a surprise waiting for me when I landed at the Heathrow airport. Shooting didn't start until the middle of June, but Tom and I wanted to have some time to ourselves between the end of my junior year and the start of production. We entertained the idea of living together once I graduated, so this was like a trial run for that.

As I walked toward the baggage claim, I saw Tom straight away. It wasn't long until we were in our usual "picking each other up from the airport" embrace. "Never gets old." I grinned as I buried my face in his neck.

"No it doesn't, my dear." He smiled gently as he set me down. "Now come on, your surprise is waiting."

"Only you would bring a surprise to the airport." I smiled as I grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers gently as we walked.

"Well, it's not only me." I raised an eyebrow as I looked over at him. He smiled, gesturing with his free hand to an area of the baggage claim ahead of us. I followed his hand, and my eyes widened.

Ahead of me were the remaining five members of the Holland family, all waving happily. I smiled as we made our way over to them, and I was soon engulfed in a big group hug.

I had met Tom's family once before, at the premiere of Iron Man back in January. I was so happy to see them all again.

"How was your flight, sweetie?" Mr. Holland gave me a gentle smile as we all pulled away.

"As nice as a flight can be." I chuckled gently. "Eight hours is a really long time."

"You must be hungry. Would you like to come back to ours for dinner tonight?" Mrs. Holland looked so excited, and I nodded. 

"I would love to." They all smiled, and Tom kissed my cheek gently.

Once we were at the Holland's home, Tom and I were sitting with his brothers in the living room. "Are you too excited to be living together?" Paddy smiled at the two of us cuddled on the couch.

"Definitely." He kissed my cheek at his answer, and the twins started making kissing noises and giggling at us.

"Damn, I'd never guess that the youngest of you would be the most mature." I smiled as Tom chuckled, pulling me close at the twins rolled their eyes.

At that point, dinner was ready, so we joined everyone in the dining room. "Thank you so much for having me over." I smiled as we started eating.

"It's not a problem at all." Mrs. Holland grinned gently. "Anything to make your first night in London welcoming. I know that moving to a new country, even if only for a little bit, can be stressful." I grinned softly as I took a bite.

"Are you excited for your first time in London, love?" Mr. Holland gave me a gentle smile, and I shook my head.

"This actually isn't my first time in London. I spent like four days here after I graduated high school for a trip." Tom raised an eyebrow, and I chuckled. "We literally only did touristy things, and a handful of us got lost on our last day."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" Tom chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not my fault there are two restaurants with the same name on the opposite sides of the city!" The whole family started laughing as I blushed gently.

"Don't worry, darling. By the time the film is done shooting, we'll have taught you how to live like a local." Tom kissed my cheek gently, and I smiled softly.

"Thank you, love." I grinned softly.

After dinner with the Holland family, and a little bit of time just being together afterward, Tom and I made our way back to his apartment. Once inside, he grinned softly. "Welcome to my humble abode."

"It's cute. It's not as bachelor pad-like as I would have thought." I chuckled as he rolled his eyes gently.

"I mean, I'm not a bachelor. I have you." He pulled me into his arms, and I smiled up at him.

"This is why Ali calls you cheesy." He rolled his eyes, and I giggled softly.

"I think that tomorrow, I'm gonna give you your first local experience. We'll go to some classic British places."

"Like Tesco and Adsa?!" He chuckled at my excitement of the two grocery stores I named. "I have been to both of those before. I bought a lot of Kinder Eggs there."

"Dear god you were such a tourist." He shook his head as I chuckled softly. "But yeah, I do need to grab a few groceries, so we'll stop at one of those places. And we'll go to some other local stops so you can begin to learn how to properly live in London."

"I'm excited, love." At that point, Tessa came rushing to us, and I grinned. "My angel!" I knelt down to play with her, and Tom grinned.

"She missed you. So did I, darling." I grinned up at him softly.

"I missed you too, baby. I'm so excited to spend another summer with you." He grinned as I stood up and Tessa rushed off to a place that I could only assume was the bedroom.

"As am I, darling." He grinned, grabbing my hands gently and kissing me softly. I smiled against his lips gently, letting go of his hands to wrap my arms around his neck. He held my waist as we kissed, pulling away after a bit. "I missed that too."

"See, you are cheesy." I giggled, and he smiled widely.

"Well, being cheesy makes you happy, so I guess I'll be as cheesy as I can be." I rolled my eyes as I pulled him close with a grin.

"Sounds good." I kissed his nose softly. "Now, I don't know about you, but it's been way too long since we've had a little fun."

"I'm so glad you brought that up." He chuckled, pulling me towards his bedroom. "Something tells me this is gonna be more fun than it is whenever I visit you."

"Your bed is way bigger. Of course it will be." I teased as he opened the door.

Let me know your thoughts!