Three

I bit my lip softly. While that offer seemed incredible, something crossed my mind. "I would love for you to join me and keep my mind off my worries, Tom. Truly. But she is as big of a Marvel fan as I am. I have no idea how to explain to her how we met while keeping the secret." I heard him sigh softly.

"Right, of course. Completely slipped my mind. Would you like to keep talking, then? That way I can still keep you from worrying." I smiled a bit. Wow, he really did want to make me feel better.

"Please?" I chuckled as I rested against the back of the chair. I had no idea how long I'd be waiting, so I might as well get comfortable.

"Of course, love. Something tells me you don't wanna talk about anything that happened tonight, so we won't." I blushed softly, touched that he was going to respect that. "So tell me about the dance you were doing when we walked in today. I'm intrigued."

"Well, it's actually a solo I'm doing for the end-of-year recital in June. I really wanted to practice it in the studio because I can't in a college dorm, especially on pointe."

"Well, it looked wonderful. I'm sure that when you perform it on stage in costume, it will be even better. Costumes make everything better."

"They do. But trust me, my costume is nowhere near as extravagant as your red and blue spandex." I heard him chuckle, which made me smile.

"Oh come on. You're not going to wearing anything super nice onstage?"

"No! Just a black leotard and skirt. And I'm thinking I'm gonna dye my pointe shoes red if I can figure out how. The whole point is to stay simple, just like the song."

"Yeah, my Spider-Man is way more awesome." I let out a playful gasp as he chuckled. "But I can understand that, definitely. An extravagant costume will distract from your amazing dancing."

"You seriously believe that?" It always brought joy to me whenever he complimented it, but nobody ever complimented me that often.

"Of course! You are absolutely incredible, Grace. Don't doubt yourself at all. Please." He sounded genuine, which made me blush yet again. He was really good at that.

"Okay, Tom. I won't." It was almost as if I could hear him smile over the phone. I could hear someone calling Ali's name. "Hey, they're calling me for Ali. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay, love. Let me know how she is, okay?"

"Of course. Goodbye, Tom."

Aside from the injuries the girls had told me about in the lobby, Ali was perfectly okay. All I wanted to do was punch the driver that blew that red light, but we didn't know who it was because he fled the scene. I was with Ali as she recovered whenever I could be, and I made sure to keep Tom updated.

"Hey, I just got an email telling me I got a package. I'll be back, okay?" I saw Ali give me a thumbs up, and I smiled. I knew the pain meds she was on made her feel awful, so she couldn't really react much.

I wasn't surprised to learn I had gotten a package--in fact, I was expecting one. Tom had told me he had grabbed one of my pointe shoes when we rushed out of the studio after shooting. He explained he would send it back, along with a care package for Ali.

I opened the box on my bed, noticing that Ali had fallen asleep. I found a hand-written note in the top of the box.

I know this is pretty extra, but I really wanted to make sure both of you would feel better after everything that went down. You can tell Ali that these are from your cousin who can pull some strings at Marvel ;). Also, there's something you can take off of your to-do list. Hope you lovely ladies enjoy. -Tom

The box had two limited edition Spider-Man figurines. To my knowledge, these hadn't even been released in stores yet. Perks of knowing a movie star, I guess, but this was absolutely crazy.

He had also included a bunch of snacks and goodies to make Ali feel better. It was so stuffed with food that I started to believe my shoe wasn't even in there.

When I pulled all of the snacks out, my jaw fell to the floor. I pulled out my missing shoe, along with a pair of pointe shoes that had been dyed red. They were the brand, size, and style I wore, but I knew Tom most likely used my actual shoe to make sure he got the right ones. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Thomas Stanley Holland. You
did not buy a pair of pointe
shoes and dye them just for me.

Surprise, love! 😘 I knew
you've been really busy this
week, and I didn't want you
to worry about these. Plus I
do think red and black make
a great combo. Peter Parker
agrees. 😁

You really are super extra.

I try, babe. Babe?

But seriously, thank you.
You're incredible.

Well thank you. Hey, we're
getting ready to fly to
another location for filming.
I'll talk to you later, okay?

Sounds good. Talk to
you later, Tom.

I sent him a quick snap of the shoes to show him just how much I appreciated the shoes. He sent me a selfie where he made a stupid face, and I could clearly see he was on a plane. I smiled as I decided to check social media. As usual, I got lost in a hole, but I was happy to see that Tom posted a picture from the airport. It wasn't the selfie he had sent me, though, so I felt a little special to know that I got an exclusive stupid selfie.

When I checked Twitter though, I saw a tweet that stopped me in my tracks.

@tomholland1996

Always be extra for those you care about. Seeing them happy with what you did makes it all worth it.

The video included is the song Grace is dancing to. Let me know what you think!