Chapter 13

Time Skip [brought to you by, painful hiatus] Later than night:

Your POV

It was already late and everyone had gone off to bed. I turned the television off, a darkness falling over the room. The only sounds to be heard included the buzzing residue from the TV, and the staccato creaks of the settling building.

I brushed dust and crumbs off myself as I stood off the sofa. I grabbed the chocolate wrappers and tossed them in the trash, heading upstairs to bed. 

As I tip-toed through the hall I was caught off-guard when I heard a muffled moan. My face flared up and I was petrified. Motionless, I listened.

Moments of silence passed, until- there it was again. It was quiet, and hardly noticeable, unless you were listening.

I clocked my head in the direction of the sound. Rick's room. My face burned brighter than before, and I bit my bottom lip. What was he doing in there? 

I contemplated whether I should take a peek, or just ignore it and go to sleep.

Well, of course I'm going to respect his privacy and go to bed. I began my trek to my room once more- "(Y/N)~".

The low growl of Rick's voice moaning my name split through my entire body, causing me to squeak slightly. I blushed even more and darted into my room, leaping into bed, heart pounding so fast it felt as though it'd burst through my ribs.

After an agonising, adrenaline-filled hour, I finally fell asleep.

"You monster!" a faceless man screamed at me.

"Demon!" 

A blurry figure lunged at me, wielding a blade and murderous rage. I dodged his attempt, "I'm not a monster!" I proclaimed.

"Witch!"

"The monster must be killed!"

The mob charged at me, weapons readied. My heart raced and instinct took over. I raised my arm, gripping the kitchen knife tight, and slashed through the bodies. They were soon all lifeless corpses, rotting in the dirt.

I turn and face a weak body standing before me, quivering, and crying. Their body was bleeding, riddled with cuts and bruises.

"You did this to me, brother!" I wailed. 

'What?'

I plunged the knife deep into their chest. Pulling away, I dropped the knife as I watched their body fall to the ground.

A voice pierced the air and a figure grabbed hard at my shoulders. Eyes burning into mine, "(Y/N), your parents! They're not real!" he shook me, "You have to remember!"

I jolted awake in a fit of coughing, tears cascading down my cheeks, and heart beating heavy through my chest. I choked as I tried to speak. I ran to the bathroom and splashed my face, looking up in the mirror. Tears spilled uncontrollably from my eyes.

I could remember things... I coughed violently, gagging into the sink. I splashed my face once more and composed myself. The tears still fell, and coughs threatened to erupt. I darted downstairs and got myself a drink of water.

The refreshing liquid calmed my shaking body, and lessened the excessive liquid pouring from my eyes. I took a few deep breaths before getting another drink of water.

"What the fuck!?" I muttered.

-o-

A/N: Hey yes I'm back from my lengthy hiatus. I've been reading all your amazing comments and I got inspired. Sorry there's no Rick in this chapter, I just needed to get this out for the plot.

Thanks to everyone who still reads even though I'm shitty at writing. <3