Chapter 12

A/N: First off- I'm so sorry for the long hiatus. Happy (late) New Year. And thank you all so much for so many reads and votes! Before I get into the new chapter I'd like to say that if you have any ideas you'd like me to add to the story don't be shy to write it down in the comments. I read every comment :)
Also, don't worry, this is not the final chapter, there will be more.

-o-

Time Skip [brought to you by, 2018] The next day, Monday, after morning classes:

Morty's POV

I sat down at our table next to Y/N in the cafeteria. Since what happened yesterday I can't stop blushing when I'm near her. Just the thought of her and...Rick. I shuddered.

"You doing okay Morty?" Y/N chirped, "You've been burning up since yesterday." worry laced her words.

"I-I'm f-f-fine, Y/N." I chuckled nervously.

Maybe what I heard was a mistake, there's no way that Rick and Y/N were doing anything nasty. It's probably just my overactive teenage imagination, like Rick usually points out.

"Are you sure? I think you may have a fever." Y/N gave a concerned look.

Your POV

"Y-Yeah." Morty averted his gaze.

He's been acting a little distant since yesterday.

"Maybe you should go lie down in the Nurse's office, just in case." I suggested.

He seemed to pause and think for a moment, then nodded. He stood up, I followed suit but he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I-I'll be f-fine on my o-own Y-Y/N." he gave a smile and emptied his tray, drifting out of the cafeteria.

Time Skip [brought to you by, lazy author e-e] After school:

Morty and I arrived home and he seemed to be back to his old self. We wandered into the living room to find Rick lounging on the sofa, surfing channels on interdimensional cable. 

"H-Hey R-Rick." Morty wandered over and sat beside Rick.

Rick didn't acknowledge the fact that either of us had walked over. I blushed slightly, "Hey Rick."

He glanced up at me and gave a half-smile, I approached them and sat on the ground with my back leaning against the sofa. Where I sat had positioned me just between Rick and Morty.

"Hey gang." Jerry said cheerily as he entered the room, "Guess who got a raise."

"Gang?" Rick mocked, eyes still on the television.

Jerry gave a slight pout and walked over, "Aren't you going to guess."

"It definitely w-wasn't you." Rick stated.

"It could be me." Jerry furrowed his brow.

"Except it wasn't, was it?" Rick said with a dull tone.

Jerry pouted once more, his arms dropping and hunching over slightly. "No."

A moment later, Beth walked into the room with a smile, "I got a raise at work!" she announced.

"Aw honey, that's great." Rick smiled, giving Beth his full attention.

Summer ran down from her room, "Does this mean you can finally buy me a new phone?"

"I'll think about it."

"N-no time for thi-inking, Beth. We sh-should celebrate! It's not e-every day that my baby girl gets a ra-ise." Rick stands up and directs everyone into the dining area.

"Aw Dad." Beth smiles, tears building in the corners of her eyes.

I helped Summer make some food in the kitchen for the celebratory dinner while Morty set the table, and Jerry attempted to fold the napkins into cranes.

"Aha!" Jerry cried in success.

"Crane as in the bird Jerry, not the machine." Rick's monotone voice followed Jerry's false triumph.

Jerry whined and mumbled as he threw out the napkin and began working on another.

Once everything was set, Beth pulled a bottle of red wine from a cabinet, setting it on the table beside the food.

Beth sat at one end of the table, Rick at the other, considering he was going to give a toast. Jerry and Beth got drunk fast, making it a little awkward for Morty and I. Summer was too busy on her phone to take any notice. I was sitting next to Rick, diagonally. I felt a pressure on my knee, glancing down I notice that it's Rick's hand.

His hand drew circles atop my knee. I dropped my hand under the table and took his hand in mine, caressing his skin with my thumb. I glanced up at him, noticing a rare blush dancing along his cheeks. This caused me to involuntarily smile.

Morty's POV

I sat across from Y/N. Throughout the meal I notice Rick glancing at her often. About half way through I notice Y/N's face heat up slightly. She glances down, and soon after lowers her hand. She began to smile like an idiot.

I will admit, it was adorable. But why was she smiling so much? Something unspoken was going on, but I have no idea what.