Chapter 5

Time Skip [brought to you by, Me, who else?] The next day:

Your P.O.V

Once my parents left the house, after making sure to lock my bedroom door, I pulled my black coat over my shoulders and checked the time.

"10:14am." I hummed, "Good enough."

I marched over to my window and turned the lock, lifting it so that there was just enough space for me to hop through. And I did just that, making sure to leave a small plank on the windowsill to keep the window from auto-locking.

After checking the street was clear, I swiftly dashed across the road to the Smith household. It took me only a moment to notice that Rick's garage was closed.

I raised my hand to the door and knocked out a quick jingle before putting on a smile. I heard clumsy footsteps waddle in my direction before the door was opened.

"H-hey (Y/N)." Morty smiled, scratching the back of his neck, "Don't w-w-worry, my p-parents are out, and S-Summer's g-glued to h-her ph-phone."

I nodded, "Cool."

He gestured for me to follow him, and I closed the door behind me. We wandered through the house until we reached the garage.

Morty cracked the door open and peeped his head through, "U-uh, R-Rick?" he said as he let the door open completely.

Rick's P.O.V

"M-Mo-orty-- Morty, I to-ld y-you to lea-" I turned to face him, but noticed that he was not alone.

(Y/N) was standing right next to him. I felt blood rush to my face, I did not understand why this was happening. Sure, I like (Y/N), she's brilliant. But I'm not attracted to her.

"Hey, are you okay Rick?" she questioned, she entered the garage and slowly got closer to me.

"Y-yea-h, I'm-I'm fine." I tried to conceal my face.

Your P.O.V

Rick seemed to be blushing an awful lot, but as I looked around him I saw his flask was empty, and there were spills of alcohol on the workbench.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "You should really get out."

He made no move, so I decided to take more drastic measures and opened the garage door.

"W-w-what a-are you d-doing!?" Morty hissed so only I could hear, "H-h-he'll kill y-you!"

The garage flooded with light and Rick grunted in displeasure. 

He groaned and threw his head back, "F-fine."

Rick stood up out of his chair and stretched, clicks and cracks from his bones could be heard with every stretch.

Morty had braced for a scolding from Rick, but was obviously rather shocked when no such thing occurred. 

Rick's P.O.V

I cannot believe how stupid I was acting, it clearly didn't bother (Y/N) so I guess I don't need to fret about it anymore.

And with that I pushed the thought to the back of my mind.

-o-

A/N: Sorry for my absence, but thank you to everyone who has stuck around. :)