Chapter 10

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates. School's started up again. R.I.P Chester Bennington. ;-;

-o-

Time Skip [brought to you by, Mulan Szechuan Sauce] Early next morning:

Your POV

I saw nothing but darkness for a moments, then my world became clearer. I held a firm grip on a large kitchen knife, the silver reflecting my bloodstained face.

I glanced around, registering my surroundings. A feeble being stood in front of me, they were quivering and whimpering, their body scarred and torn.

My hand protruded the knife forward and dug it into their chest. I pulled back and dropped the tool as the being fell limp and shattered into nothing.

A voice called from the distance, "(Y/N)! Your parents-" it faded into the distance.

My eyes peeled open, vision still blurry. I felt a warmth surrounding me, and the sensation of arms wrapped around me.

I glanced up slightly realising that Rick had his arms around me and I was nuzzled in his chest. My face heated up drastically and I looked around to make sure no one noticed. We were still on the couch from last night.

We must have all fallen asleep watching the television, since it was still humming. Morty had fallen off the couch and was laying on the floor in an odd position. Summer was curled up on the living chair with her phone clutched in one hand.

I carefully wriggled out of Rick's grasp, as to not disturb his slumber, plus- it'd be a bit awkward if he woke up. The thought of last night raced into mind, if Morty hadn't interrupted...what would have happened?

Daydreams of different scenarios raced through my mind instantly. I shook my head and went to turn the television off. I looked out the window and noticed that the sun was still yet to rise, it must still be quite early.

In the silence my mind turned to the dream I had. Questions hammered the inside of my head constantly.

Why did I kill that person?

Who were they?

What was that voice-

My thoughts were interrupted by a creaking floorboard, I squeaked slightly and turned to the source of the sound.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing up so early?" It was Beth.

I turned to glance through the window, noticing that the sun was slowly crawling over the horizon.

"We accidentally fell asleep on the sofa, it was giving me a slight headache which woke me up." I explained, although that was only part of the reason, considering the dream had some part to play.

Beth chuckled slightly, "Lucky it's only a Saturday." she smiled grabbing a pair of keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

She gave a confused look then glanced at her keys, "Oh yes, I was called in to work. There was an emergency."

I gave a nod and waved her off as she left the house. The slight hum of the car faded away as she headed off.

I looked back at the others and noticed Summer waking up. Her eyes opened slightly and noticed that I was already up, she looked slightly embarrassed and tried to play cool. She stretched her arms up, giving an exaggerated yawn as she began checking her texts and social media (I assume).

She stood up, "Morning (Y/N)." she smiled as she headed up stairs.

I hummed slightly in acknowledgement and turned toward Rick and Morty. Morty was still sprawled across the floor, so I decided I'd wake him up or he'd have terrible cramps from that sleeping position...well worse than he'd already have.

I nudged his shoulder slightly and he let out a groan of annoyance. I nudged him slightly harder, "Mm...J-Jessica." he slurred.

I rolled my eyes and shook his shoulders, "Come on, wake up Morty."

"I-it's t-t-too e-early." he groaned.

I sighed, "You're going to have terrible pains if you don't get up and stretch now."

He seemed a little persuaded by this as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Wh-wh-why a-am I o-on th-the f-f-floor?" he questioned as he stood and stretched his arms out.

"You fell during the night." I proposed.

"O-oh." he glanced over to Rick, who seemed to be hugging the couch cushions, "Wh-what i-is he d-doing?"

I simply shrugged, Morty did the same in response and headed up the stairs.

Now it was just Rick and I.

I let out a heavy sigh and attempted to wake the sleeping Rick.

"Hey, Rick? You gonna get up?" I asked, poking his forehead.

He didn't budge.

I let out another sigh, "Okay, let's do this the hard way."

I rubbed my hands together then grabbed Rick's hands and pulled him to his feet. I grinned in victory, but it didn't last long.

Rick began to fall, I freaked out and froze in place, "U-u-uh, Rick!"

In a blur of white and blue I'd fallen backwards and Rick had fallen on top of me. I was frozen and my heart rate was rapid.

And then I heard a slight groan, "You're still asleep?" I hissed slightly, glaring at the ceiling.

I began trying to wriggle out from underneath him, although this was not an easy task.

His arms were sprawled out to the sides and his legs slightly bent up.

"Almost...out." I muttered as I tried to get out from under Rick.

He began to move and his eyes peeled open.

"Ah crap." I gritted my teeth.

Rick propped himself up, hovering above me.

"(Y-Y/N)?" he gave a questioning glance.

"I swear this is not what it looks like...probably." I reasoned, heat rushing to my cheeks.

His eyes gazed into mine, looking rather lost and distant.

"U-um...Rick?" I chuckled nervously.

"O-oh, sorry." he apologised and got off of me. He turned away covering his mouth.

I went to say something but was interrupted by Jerry coming out into the living room.

"Is everything okay down here? I heard a loud noise." Jerry speculated.

"Uh-" I began.

"Everything's fine Jerry." Rick glared, "Mind your own goddamn business."

"Fine." Jerry pouted, and went to walk away but he seemed to change his mind, "No, wait. It's not fine. What goes on in my house is my business."

Rick rolled his eyes (no pun intended -3-), "Oh, I'm sorry Jerry. I didn't mean to hurt your pride." sarcasm laced his every word.

"That's better." Jerry nodded and walked off again, "Wait a minute-" he muttered.