Untitled Part Twenty Five

Brandon's POV

"What's wrong pops?" I asked my father as he called me into the room him and my mom were in she looked like hell.

"Somebody say something!" I yelled thinking the worse

"I went to the restaurant baby." She said as strong as she could. "After your father called me and I found Anthony and Imani." She told me. "They-they were laying on the floor and they'd both been shot." She told me. "It didn't look good when I found em baby and I don't know how long they we're there."

I shook my head trying to think about everything at the same time. Imani, Nina, and Ant.  This all came crashing down on me at once. Ant is married, I know his wife gotta be hurting especially because they just had they son and Nina didn't even get to breathe a day yet.  Imani just found out she was graduating and I was supposed to marry the love of my life.

"No! No ma!" I repeated. "Tell me you playing. Tell me this shit is a fucking joke." I said aloud.

My babies and my brother. How could I let some shit like this happen.

"I gotta find them niggas." I said pacing back and forth. "They touched my fucking family." I said tears slowly rolling down my eyes.

My father grabbed onto my arm. "Son." My father said almost silencing me, his facial expressions unreadable. The look on his and my mothers faces were like none I'd ever seen her have and him, only once before.

"I went to the back office trying to see if I could help the officers catch these punks  and the cameras in the restaurant weren't on." My father said flexing his jaw. I could tell by this whole disposition  this had taken a similar toll on him. "The cops are here." He said and someone who hasn't spoke since I came in made himself noticeable. " They came to get statements and this is Detective Branson.  He is gonna handle our case." My father said and I nodded.

"I can't think about this right now. I wanna see my wife, brother and my baby." I said almost not being able to process this all.

"We have time for this. It's an on going investigation. Your family requested specific doctors for your wife and brother to both be under the care of." The detective told me.

"So they're both still alive?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yes, your brother suffered from five gun shot wounds and your wife, three that we've found." He said.

"Where are they?" I asked him.

"St. Mary's." He told me and I nodded.

I wasn't scared of the police, especially knowing how many of them were on my father's payroll. He'd never let them in unless he had it covered on every side.

"We can all go. I haven't been." My father saand I nodded.

We all walked out together. My mom getting in the car's driver side and me in the backseat my father kept talking to the cop.

"He almost done?" I asked my mom getting antsy and she nodded without moving away from her cell phone. 

"They shaking hands." My mom said and she unlocked and opened my father's side.

We left after the police officer.

"Make sure all cameras are on pops." I said.

"The cameras are never down." He told me in Swahili. "Watcher."He said and I looked at him from the backseat. 

"I have the tapes. We will look soon. Curtis is working on them. He has the strongest stomach." My mother said gripping the steering wheel and moving accordingly.

I couldn't fathom what was going on completely, but I know that this is all a test of how much I love my family and what I'm willing to do for the betterment of us.

I should have listened and got my hands completely clean when Imani told me. That way, her and baby Nina wouldn't be at risk. I failed not realizing that I'm supposed to do everything for my family as far as protecting them goes by any means necessary. I fucked up there. I told Imani she'd never have to worry and I was thinking monetarily but I should have thought of her and my daughter's safety way more than I did. I fucked up thinking I was untouchable. Thinking that like my pops niggas wouldn't try to come for my throne.

I built this shit with my bare hands. Niggas from local to far couldn't hate because I built a legacy single handedly. I put in hella work and I made sure everybody connected at without a question. But you know what they say, every dog has it's day and this was feeling a lot like what they say. 

I should have never pulled my brother into all my shit. I knew he had a gift, a gift that didn't have to be diminished to this.  I don't even know if my brother is breathing and it's because I needed someone to help me make this shit bigger not for us but for me and my selfish ass wanting to be the favorite and wanting to be on the same peddle stool as my brothers and all along I was.

I'm fucked up because it took me so long to grasp such simple concepts. I put my entire family at risk for danger and niggas to try and flex like they really bout it by attempting to take down the only thing that matters to me and that's my family.

I was trying to leave this game peaceful but I see my guns gon have to leave out the same way they came in and that's blazing. Whoever did this, no matter who they are, where they try to hide and what alliances they try to make they gonna realize they rattled the wrong mother fucking cage because we rule the jungle and nothing keeps us down because we are The Kings.
____

The End!