Untitled Part Five

Imani's POV

I gathered myself and came out of the bathroom.

"How you feel baby?" Mrs. V asked.

"Better." I nodded.

"Good, I think we need to get you some food and-"she was cut off when the door opened and my mom walked in along with my sister.

"Hey Baby." My mom said.

"Hey Mommy." I hugged her tightly.

"You okay?" She asked me as she held me and I nodded.

"What's going on?" She asked me seeing Brandon.

She knew that things between us weren't good.

"Um, he found me." I said.

"Where were you?"

"In the bathroom of my apartment. In the tub." I said.

She sighed and pursed her lips. "Why Imani?"

"You know why ma." I said and she sighed years forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, you know your father he's gotta come around."

"I'm not begging him anymore." I told her. "I tried, I tried hard."

"You got a baby now, a baby that's gonna need to know the love of a man."

"The baby's father will be there." I said and she shook her head.

"Can you really count on him?"

"You can't be serious with this conversation." Mrs. V said.

I moved holding my belly from the side and shuffling slowly to the bed I sat, putting my foot up to tie my shoes.

"Why can't I?" My mother said

"Because he's been here." Mrs. V said.

"He left her too. Let's not forget that."

"He ain't gonna leave his child. That's the man that I raised. He will always take care of his responsibilities."

"So there's more? Another baby mama-"

"Please! Stop this fussing over my head. Brandon has been there for me and when he wasn't it was because of what I did."

"This is dysfunctional mess. You're not married, yet alone together and what you gonna do? Have a baby? And you wanna grow your child up in that way? You don't know that life Imani, you had both your parents."

"And our baby will have both its parents as well. Whether we are together or not this is our child, we laid down, made him or her and I wanted it. If we not together, so what." Brandon said.

"Imani think about this before you make the biggest mistake of your life."

"What do you want me to do huh?" I asked her tears falling out of my eyes. "If Brandon is there or not I'm gonna care for my child. Isn't that what a mother is supposed to do?" I asked her.

"I don't wanna talk to you, please leave me alone." I said and pulled my leg up groaning as I felt the pain run up my side.

She shook her head. "I want what's best for you."

"I'm not giving my baby away, and I'm not having an abortion." I said.

She shook her head. "You're not stable. Stabbing yourself and what not because of words. How you gonna have a baby?"

"Get out." I said. "Just go, please go." I told her.

She looked in my eyes and I shook my head turning my face. Before I knew it she was out of the door and I began to cry.