Chapter 10: The Sparklings

Ratchet was fixing a computer when he heard something get knocked over. He turned around and saw his frame weilder on the floor. "Odd. I couldv'e sworn this was on the shelf," he muttered to himself. The rest of the team were out on missions, Lucky and Rust were still at base watching the humans who were playing a video game. Which left the other three sparklings, SpikeClaw, RamHorn, and SlashTail. "Lucky, I think your sparklings are out of the nest again," Ratchet complained. "Well I can only tell them their boundaries. It's their choice to listen, as long as they don't leave the base," she stated. Ratchet turned back to work only to see SpikeClaw hanging upside down with his tail above his workspace.

   "Hi Ratchet!" he greeted happily. Ratchet jumped back slightly. "SpikeClaw! Come on get down," he grumbled holding out his arms for the bright orange sparkling to climb into. He did and moved to behind his helm. Once the sparkling got settled Ratchet returned to fixing the computer. RamHorn trotted in a short while later followed by SharpTail. The sparklings each grew attatched to one of the 'bots, but all looked to Ratchet as a sort of uncle. SpikeClaw looked over at them before looking back at Ratchets work. "Try that key," he said pointing at the keyboard.

   "Ground bridge request from Mongolia," Raf announced, opening the green blue vortex. Lucky walked over followed by Rust as WheelJack and Bulkhead walked through. "That was not that hard of a mission," WheelJack said walking off to do something. Ratchet walked over to Bulkhead with SpikeClaw still around his neck. "What happened out there?" he asked. "A few vehicons, not a whole lot of energon, but they protected it as if there was some thing else there they wanted," the wrecker answered glancing over at Miko, who was winning the video game tournament. "Did you beat them Bulk?" she asked loudly. "Yeah, we did," WheelJack answered before looking at the computer Ratchet was fixing.

   "WheelJack there is wrench with your name on it if you don't step away from that right now," he warned. SpikeClaw, as if on cue glided off of Ratchets back over to a work table and grabbed a wrench in his jaws before trotting back over to him. Ratchet picked him back up and he readjusted to his spot around the back of his helm before he took the wrench. Bulkhead walked off to watch the kids. Lucky was with Rust most likely off loading the energon the two wreckers had gathered. WheelJack of course didn't listen. Ratchet tossed the wrench in the air twice before hurling it at his head. SpikeClaw held back a laugh as it hit him in the helm. "He warned ya Jackie," Bulkhead muttered. RamHorn laughed a little. SlashTail rolled his optics slightly, and turned back around to go to the nest.

-On board The Nemesis-

   Chestnut woke up when the door slid open and KnockOut limped in holding his arm. CatEar slid off of her back and sped over to him. "Hey, how'd it go?" she asked softly. He winced slightly as she tapped his injuered arm. "As well as you think. He wants to talk to you," he grumbled. Chestnut stood up and made her way over to the medic. "Alright. Chestnut stay here, and take care of this one," CatEar stated hugging him gently and patting Chestnuts helm. She purred and let KnockOut wrap his good arm around her neck. He glanced over at the recovering sparkling. There were three scars on the side of his throat, they were deep enough to damage his voice box. Thankfully KnockOut was able to save it.

   Chestnut helped him over to a berth. "Thanks Chestnut," he seethed through gritted denta. "You going to be ok?" she asked as he slipped onto a nearby berth. "I should be fine, CatEar will make sure of it when she gets back," he stated. "You also might need to buff out a few dings?" CatEar asked walking in. "Hey, how'd it go?" he chuckled slightly. "Better than your meet went. He said that we could keep the sparkling on board, but it's up to us three, plus BoneFeather, to watch him," she responded placing her servos on her hips. "Only you can talk Megatron into keeping a sparkling on board his warship," KnockOut said. "I must be magic," she joked.

-In Jasper-

   "EmberClaw go introduce these two to the rest of the pack," Amite ordered. The blue femme predacon walked with them. Bee and Amethyst followed the two femme predacons. "You good there GroudWater?" EmberClaw asked looking over at the blue femme. She honestly looked ready to snap some 'bots helm off of their shoulder plating.

   "Ask me when I DON'T feel like snapping some pred's helm off," the blue femme snarled. Bee looked at her, then Amethyst. The small princess shrugged. "Maybe we should just keep walking. SilverScale will like these two," EmberClaw stated looking back at the two.

   Minutes later they arrived at what used to be the med bay. A large silver colored femme was napping peacefully while a larger brown mech predacon was smiling as he allowed a small black sparkling to nibble on his ear. "RattleTail, NightBeak, this is Bumblebee and Princess Amethyst," GroundWater introduced. The brown predacon looked up, causing the small beaked sparkling to land onto the floor. "Princess you say?" RattleTail asked. "Yes?" Amethyst answered. The small black sparkling looked at her tilting his helm. The silver femme stirred and opened her optics. RattleTail looked over at her. "SilverScale, you're awake. Meet Bumblebee and Princess Amethyst," GroundWater said softly. The silver femme looked up them and smiled slightly.

   There were two scars across where her voice box was. "Welcome to the pack," she rasped. "Her voice box was damged while she was protecting NightBeak," RattleTail explained dragging the sparkling closer to him. "Who was she protecting him from... DeathSong."

-On DeathSongs island-

   A vehicon ran as fast as he could, but was hit from behind becoming trapped in an amber cocoon. "AH COME ON! I WAS SO CLOSE!" he yelled befoe being carried back to the canyon. He was dropped next to another vehicon. "You two huh?" he asked. "Yeah," the first one sighed. DeathSong stomped foward and screeched, his ear fins opening. "Welp we're dead," the second vehicon said before being grabbed.

--------------
A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUNN!!!!!! Anywho's sorry about the late update, I was planning on making this an all Autobot chapter, BUT we all know that plans change from time to time and this happened. Also I know DeathSong doesn't have much of an appearence, but he'll show up again, I promise. :D