Before you, this world was pretty dull

Au where everything is black and white until you meet your soulmate

Life is tough, and hard. She knew that very well.

The world is cruel and merciless, but also very beautiful.

Complications happen in life, but it honestly gets even more challenging in the future.

Sometimes rejection is not someone wanting out of your life, but someone you needed out of your life.

Mikasa walked on the sidewalk, observing her surroundings. Everything black and gray, as usual. She looked around, snow lightly falling in front of her face and on her hair, trying to cover up everything with white.

Putting her hands in her pockets, hoping to slightly warm them up, Mikasa quietly hummed to the tune of the Christmas music playing in the air. Peppermint smell in the air.

Cars passed by, as tall buildings lit up everything, in the distance and in front of her very own eyes. The sidewalks crowded with people, probably doing last-minute shopping for Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. It was always busy everyday in New York like this. Mikasa didn't have to worry though, she had already got all her presents for everyone.

She only had to get two presents this year, one for her cousin, Levi and her friend Sasha. The only family she knew was Levi. He's the only one she grew up with, and raised her. Her parents were no longer alive anymore.

She had met Sasha in high school, begging to be Mikasas' friend, she had figured why not, knowing that she didn't have many friends. Ever since then Sasha and Mikasa were always together.

Mikasa was never jealous, always pleasant with the things she had. Very humble, she never needed more. The only thing that got Mikasa jealous, was Sasha.

Mikasa wasn't jealous of Sashas' items, thoughts, or things. She was jealous that Sasha met her soulmate before her. She remembered Sasha calling her one night, explaining the beauty and awe she was in, seeing color for the first time. All the hues of orange and red and yellow, and the cold colors of blue and green and purple. She had met her soulmate, Connie.

It was a weird and strange world, or so Mikasa thought. Everyone was born seeing black and white, and once meeting their soul mate they could see color.

Passing by a store that sold Christmas tree ornaments, Mikasa spotted a mother and daughter. The daughter had a smile plastered on her face, pointing to an item inside of the shop, the mother nodding. It were times like this that made her feel alone.

A cold gust of wind blew, moving Mikasas' hair. She lifted up the cotton hood that was connected to her coat, pulling it on her head.

While walking, someone bumped her shoulder. Turning around, she saw some old man who she assumed was in a rush. A scowl on his face, the man crossed his eyebrows and spat on her, pushing back at Mikasas left shoulder and walking away.

Turning around, confused, she started to walk until someone bumped head straight into her, both of them collapsing on the floor.

Catching herself before her head could hit the floor, her vision had turned a white. Making a small groan, while eyes still closed, Mikasa felt a small rock dig into the palm of her hand.

"Excuse me miss, I'm sorry for bumping into you." A husky voice said.

Her vision dying out of white, brought her back into reality. Realizing that she could see color. She could see the reds, the blues, and the greens. Admiring everything around her, she remembered that there was someone that had bumped into her causing her to see all of this.

Turning around, still on the floor, she looked up to a gentleman holding out his hand, offering to help her up. He had messy chocolate hair, and emerald green eyes, matched with a charming smile.

Taking his hand, and standing up slowly. They stared at each other for a while, until Mikasa hugged him, and he hugged back. They shared this hug for a while, until they both pulled away, looking into each other's eyes.

"Let's go home." He said, holding her hand and pulling her behind him. "W-wait.. what's your name?" She asked.

"Eren.. Eren Yeager."

He wasn't sure if her cheeks were red of the cold or because of him.