Your existence proves the world is still beautiful

She was sure he didn't mean it, right?

Earlier at dinner Eren and Mikasa had gotten into a big argument, ending with hurtful words, and her running out.

It started when Eren stumbled into the mess hall, 20 minutes late for dinner. It was very obvious he was in a bad mood, by the way he walked in with his fists clenched and a pissed off look on his face.

Grabbing a plate and putting dinner on it; veggies, bread and a slab of meat. Eren took a seat in between Armin and Mikasa who were just then finishing their meals.

"Eren, why were you late?" Armin asked, placing another spoonful of corn into his mouth. "Hanji wanted to talk with me." Eren grumbled, grabbing and forcing a big piece of the meat down his throat.

Mikasas' face then went into worry "Why did she need you?" turning her face towards Eren. He hated that. He hated the fact she reminded him of his mother, always worried at the slightest things and too overprotective.

Eren wondered when these negative thoughts about her pondered in his stubborn head. Yeah, sometime he would get mad at her and make a fuss, but right now he was even more annoyed then how he usually was with her. Maybe it was because of what Hanji said- no it can't be it.

Rolling his eyes by meeting her gaze, Eren then looked down and faced his plate "Just about experiments and stuff.." he said, clearly not wanting to talk about it. Aggressively taking a spoonful into his meal, Mikasa sighed.

"Well are you okay?" She asked, looking down at her plate. "Yes, back off" he replied, obviously annoyed. "Ere-" Before she could finish Eren interrupted "I said back off!" He snapped, rising from his seat and pushing Mikasas' shoulder. She saw a strip of anger flash in his eyes.

"Eren, calm down!" Armin reminded, pulling Eren down from his seat, but Eren rising up from his seat again, hitting Armin making him fall. "No, can't she see I'm not a kid anymore, but of course she always has to mother me like I'm some baby! It honestly would've been better if she had died with her parents if I'm being honest!" Eren shouted attracting the whole cafeterias attention.

You could feel the tension in the air. Even though no one knew Mikasas and Erens backstory not even Armin, everyone felt a string be pulled by Eren saying that.

Mikasa stood up, slapping Eren so hard it echoed through out the mess hall. Even though he was angry at the moment, his eyes slightly widened seeing the always stoic Mikasas' eyes start to tear up. And that was when he realized how beautiful and human she actually was.

Mikasa then ran out of the mess hall, "Wait! Mikasa!" Sasha shouted chasing after Mikasa, Historia following not so long after. Mikasa then ran to her bunk that she shared with all the 104th girls. Climbing in her bunk, and pulling the sheets over her head, Mikasas' tears started flowing down her cheeks. Images of Eren and her fight flashing in her head.

"It honestly would've been better if she had died with her parents honestly!" The voice rang in her head. "Mikasa, are you alright?" Snapping her out of her thoughts the raven-haired girl turned her attention to the door opening, Sasha and Historia coming out of it.

"Yes" Mikasa replied turning around and facing the wall. "Mikasa. I'm sure he didn't mean whatever he said." Historia said sitting at the end of her bedside. Sasha joined, putting her hand on Mikasas' shoulder.

Mikasa sighed. "I know.. "

———

"Wow Eren, didn't know you could be such an asshole. I don't even know what Mikasa sees in you." Jean scoffed passing by Eren and Armins' table, everyone else was also getting out of the mess hall and getting ready for bed. "Shut up!" Eren said. Jean rolled his eyes and then opened the door, heading to his bunk.

"Eren, don't you think you where being a little too harsh on Mikasa?" Armin asked, making sure his sentence wouldn't flip a switch on Eren. "Tch, she deserved it." Eren responded, standing up. "Eren, why are you saying all these things. I thought you liked her.." A concerned Armin said, walking with Eren to the bunk.

"After all she liked you- wait- not even liked, loved you, and did everything to protect you." Armin mumbled Erens' head snapping in Armins' direction. "W-What did you just say??" Eren asked, red creeping up on his cheeks. "Really Eren? Practically everyone knew she loved you, you're just too dense to realize." Armin said rolling his eyes.

"You mean, she l-loves me as friends right?" Armins face dropped, mentally facepalming "Eren, I give up on you, find out for yourself.." Armin sighed, walking to the bathroom.

Eren then climbed the ladder on his bunk, sitting on the top bunk as Armin headed over sliding into the bunk under Erens'. "Good night Eren." Armin said. "Night" Eren responded, lost in thought.

He had to admit that he was harsh on Mikasa, especially about what he had said about her parents; knowing it would pull a sensitive string in her. She probably wouldn't talk to him. And as much as he doesn't like her babying him, he also wouldn't like her not talking to him.

He then remembered when she was about to start crying in the mess hall, that was also when he noticed her stunning features. Her kissable small nose, and lips, and her milky skin that matched perfectly in combo with her dark eyes and hair. Thinking about it now, she was beautiful. He realized she had matured, and not the small frail girl that could flip a man twice her weight (even though she could still do that now) that he had grew up with. Thinking about her like this made his heart flutter, and his stomach felt a feeling he had never felt before.

"Are you sure, Eren?~ I see you eyeing Mikasa all the time~ it's important we know about your life too, Eren~~" Hanjis' voice rang in Erens head. Flash-backing to earlier when Hanji had brought up how babies were made making Eren feel all awkward.

He suddenly knew about the feeling that the guys would always talk about, because he was feeling it right now thinking this about his sister- wait no, technically she isn't because they aren't blood-related. When his father took her in, he never signed any adopted forms so she wasn't his adopted sister either.

After attempting to go to sleep, but no progression. He decided to figure out what was keeping him up. He then realized.. Mikasa was making him stay up.

'I have to apologize, I have to apologize' Eren repeated in his head. Quietly climbing down the ladder from his top bunk, careful to not awake Armin or the others. Eren tip-toed and left, walking through the hallway making sure no one else was awake.

When reaching the girls' cabin door, noticing it unlocked, Eren silently creaked the door open seeing nothing but darkness, the moonlight from the window giving the outline of the bunks, the only noises heard were the silent snores of the girls in there.

Blood-rushing to his cheeks, Eren tip-toed to each bunk, sometimes gently flipping girls over to check to see if it was the raven-haired girl.

He then saw a flash of red cloth, drooping over the edge of one top bunk matched with dark raven hair. Luckily, for Eren there was no one under her bunk so when Eren climbed the ladder, he wouldn't have to wake anyone.

Eren took ahold of the ladder, careful to not make any noise, climbing quietly on the top.

The outline of Mikasas' body was under the sheets, the sweet smell of her everywhere. Eren then slowly shook Mikasas' arm, instantly waking her wake up.

"Eren?" Mikasa whispered, her voice slightly cracking indicating she had been crying a lot- probably even cried herself to sleep. "Shhh." Eren whispered, instantly pulling Mikasa in his arms, hugging her while straightening her short hair with his hand.

"E-eren what are you doing here?" She whispered, wrapping her arms around Erens back as well.

"I-I'm sorry Mikasa. I'm sorry for everything I caused you, I'm sorry for worrying you, I'm sorry for being mean to you, I'm sorry for hurting you, please forgive me" Eren whispered, a tear lightly flowing down his cheek, staining her blouse.

Mikasa smiled "Eren."

Pulling back, Mikasa invited Eren to sleep with her as he accepted.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, they cuddled in the small top bunk, Eren leaving early the next morning before any girls woke up. Luckily for him, no one knew he was there.. except for Armin who heard him leave and come back in the middle of the night.