Can I have a waffle cone, and two scoops of you?

Another year, no texts, calls, or wishes on social media or in person telling her a 'Happy Birthday'. It's not like she had cared though, it had been like this for most of her life.

Being a college student, no friends, and depressed was quite a description of Mikasa Ackerman.

Losing her parents at a young age, her uncle Levi took her in, and looked after her. He taught her to trust no one, referring to her parents' death. He also told her to not let people witness your emotions, otherwise they could get the best of you.

Growing up with Levi, had a huge impact on her; not experiencing a 'regular' childhood that most kids had. She didn't go to proms/dances in high school , hang out after school with friends, and never experienced her mother and fathers' love for her. Her memory a blur, remembering her as a five year old, traumatized witnessing her parents stomach get stabbed with sharp knifes, blood spurting out.

The ringtone on her phone rung, bringing her out of her daze. Looking at her phone, she saw the caller ID Levi it read. Answering it, she put the phone to her ear, the cold glass touching her cheek.

Mikasa was also very religious, so she prayed every night. Last night though was a different prayer.. Mikasa had prayed that this day be the best and requested to get a new person into her life. She had faith that he would answer her prayers but only he would know.

"Happy Birthday, Brat" He said, sounding somewhat happy today. "Thanks" smiling inside 'At least someone cared'. Hearing a scream in the background, Mikasa recognized it as one of Levis' well-known friends, Hanji.

Mikasa was very fond of Hanji, used to her and Levi hanging out all the time when she was growing up with him. "Well, your card should be coming in the mail soon. I have to go before this four-eyes shit blows up my kitchen." she smirked just imagining what was happening in his house with Hanji there.

"Wait, you wanna talk to her? Okay, Mikasa Hanji wants to talk to yo-" before he could finish a loud "Happy Birthday!" was screamed through the phone, making Mikasa almost fall out of her seat.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Mikasa poo~. Happy Birthday to you!" Hanji sang, Mikasa could feel her smile through her voice. "Thank you, hope to see you soon Hanji!"

"Well, bye brat.. don't take this day for granted. Don't make any stupid mistakes at this age." Levi said, hanging up before she could respond.

Mikasa looked out her dorm window, admiring all the tall buildings outside, the outline of them in the dark sky. She then realized that she had hardly eaten that day besides a apple, her depression making her lose appetite. Hearing her stomach growl, she decided to have something sweet, because didn't most people have cake or some sweet treat on their birthday?

Opening the mini fridge in her dorm, she found no dessert to fill her desire. She wasn't looking for a big cake, or a cupcake. Something small and delicious, then she realized 'Ice cream!' that creamy stuff that you put on a cone.
Yeah, Mikasa had only eaten it about 3 times in her lifetime, but she knew it would fill in her craving, and it tasted pretty good.

Putting on a red sweater and black leggings, she walked out the door, closing the door behind her. Walking through the hallways she bumped into one of her classmates, Sasha, who was dragging along two girls also in her class, Ymir and Historia. Giggling at each other, "Mikasa, you have such pretty hair!" They cooed. Stepping closer she had smelled a reek of alcohol in their breath, stepping back the girls giggled more.

"You should come with us, we're going to the club" Historia said letting out a burp at the end, Ymirs' arm over the blondes waist. Mikasa polietly declined saying she had somewhere to be, the drunk girls nodded leaving while stumbling and pushing each other into the walls while laughing non-stop.

Mikasa made a disgusted face, even though she had wanted more friends, at the same time she didn't to avoid stuff like that. Leaving the college campus, Mikasa walked to a small ice cream shop

Walking through the street, a car came speeding at Mikasa, nearly hitting her. "Jerk!" she yelled, flipping up the middle finger at the driver who was some intoxicated middle aged man.

Walking up to the parking lot of the small shop, a small "Open 24 hours" sign on the door flashing in red. It reminded her of one of those stores that drunk people would go to in the middle of the night.

Walking up the steps, Mikasa opened the door to smell the sweet smell of fake candy and chocolate. "Welcome!" The lady behind the counter managed to yell without falling asleep, dark circles under her eyes. It was very obvious the bell on the door had woken her up, probably the only employee here.

The chairs and booths were pink, matching the tile on the floor which was pink and white. Some lady and her child where sitting down,
leaving them and Mikasa the only ones in the store.

Walking up to the viewing of ice-cream behind glass, the names above each pit. Mikasa peered in, observing each one. "What may I get for you ma'm?" Mikasa ended up picking a cookies-n-cream flavor, the first ice-cream flavor that she had ever tried.

She also requested to put it in a cup, she had never liked the waffle cone. Handing her the money, Mikasa decided to eat inside because why not, she needed to clear her mind anyway.

Sitting down in a empty booth, she put a spoonful of the ice cream in her mouth, feeling the cool sensation melt and drip down her throat.

The bell on the front door ringing, Mikasa looked up to see a boy around her age walk in. Stumbling in, while putting his hand through his hair. The man observed the shop, turning his head and soon meeting eyes with Mikasa.

A light blush appeared on his cheeks, as he abruptly looked away. Putting his hands in his pockets, and making his back face her. Telling the lady behind the counter and paying after, he walked towards Mikasa, each step his ears turning redder.

Sitting down across from her, Mikasa turned her attention to the chestnut haired boy in front of her, keeping up her nonchalant face.

"H-hey" he stuttered looking away once her eyes made contact with his. "Hello" Mikasa spoke looking down at her ice cream.

"S-so I was wondering maybe we could go out some time?.." He said, scratching his neck with his finger slowly.

Mikasa looked up from her bowl, smiling brightly.

"I'd like that.."

Maybe birthday wishes do come true..