Chaptyr Numero Dos

Chaptyr Numero Dos

*****Hannah’s POV******

I heard the door slam upstairs so obviously I was gonna go find out what happened. That’s what good hosts do right? I mean it wasn’t my house but I was still basically organizing the party. I guess you could call it a party, a bunch of edgy motorcycle street tuffs lounging in a basement throwing popcorn at my head. Besides I hadn’t seen Michele is a while so I decided to take a look. Ian couldn’t have cared less if I went upstairs or not.

“Babe, while you’re up there grab us some more snacks, like fast…” he didn’t even wait for me to respond before returning to his game of beer pong with the guys. I hated all of his friends, that’s why I invited Siva and Michele to come with me, so I had people that I could actually talk to.

“Wait Hann…” I stopped mid step. “Get some more beer too.”

“Sureee Mike, like I’m gonna give you more beer so you can get your head stuck in the barstool again. Nice try.” I said running up the stairs. Don’t want to be there when Ian finds out I was sarcastic to his best friend.

I came upstairs to Siva sitting at the kitchen table. He looked at me and there was a sad twinkle in his eye.

“Am I a bad person?” he asked me. That’s when it happened. He told me everything, about how he loved Michele so much and how she just ran away. I really wanted to slap her for doing that to Siva cause he was one of my best friends. Even if she did feel uncomfortable with the fact that he liked her she could have talked it out with him calmly, instead of screaming and slamming doors.

“She was really upset though, so I don’t blame her.” He mumbled

“Why?” I asked. Michele and I were so close, she always told me when something was up and I guess it kinda ticked me off that she told Siva and not me.

“Because of –“

“Did you call Mike a drunk?” Ian snapped pounding up the stairs. I felt scared because I knew that Siva is no match for Ian. I was also really embarrassed because Siva never saw Ian and I fight before. “Well you gonna answer me?” he barked right into my face. His breath smelt of beer and smoke and I could feel my lungs ach from that one intake of air.

“I didn’t. I just said –“

“You’re a liar honey…I always knew it, you’re a—“ he coughed and stumbled back falling onto the side of the counter. I looked at Siva and ran as fast as I could. I ran out of the kitchen and into the purple sky-lit evening with the sun setting and Siva right behind me. I was screwed, and so was Siva. He would catch up to us, and he would beat us both, like he did to me the night that Jay died. If he hadn’t gave me a concussion, I would have been able to help Jay. Maybe he would still be alive if I had been there, like I was supposed to be. The thought sickens me, that Ian had killed one of my best friends, so I ran away from it, like how I was running away from Ian right now.