Chapter 38- A broken sign of friendship and the victory party starts!

Garp was getting ready to say goodbye to his grandchildren after the hole in the wall was successfully fixed.

Juli and Luffy was standing outside and looked at him.

Garp smiled at Luffy. "You're my grandson, so I'm not going to capture you here. As for the marines... I will give 'em some excuse, so don't worry."

"Instead of an excuse, let's just say they got away." His subordinate named Bogard told him seriously.

"Anyway, I'm more of an escort than anything." Garp said casually. "Take those two and have a good long talk." He said, referring to Coby and Helmeppo who stood next to him. "I'm going back."

"Okay, bye!" Luffy said casually.

But Garp just fully ignored him and scooped Juli up in his arms. "Waaah! I'm going to miss my cute little granddaughter that always makes me feel loved, not like some other cheeky brats who only make me worry all the time."

"G-Garp-jiji..." Juli stuttered out as she was almost being suffocated by how tight Garp was hugging her. "I-I can't breathe..."

"Oh, sorry..." Garp let go of her immediately and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

Juli sighed in relief as she could breathe again and then looked softly at her grandfather. "I see. You still can't really control your strength, can you?"

"Hehehe..." Garp blushed in embarrassment. "Ah, right!" He said as he remembered what he wanted to tell his granddaughter before he leaves. "You don't have to worry, Juli-chan. I will not tell anybody that you're still alive, especially men. And I already ordered my men here to forget that we were even here, so there's nothing to be concerned about." Garp said seriously and then nodded satisfied.

Juli smiled. "I see... Thanks Garp-jiji." Her eyes softened as she looked at the grinning Garp. "I think it's time to say goodbye... I'm going to miss you." She smiled cheerily. "Be careful on your journey back to Marine HQ and don't get lost. Love you, Garp-jiji!"

Garp's eyes widened at that. He turned around and cried anime tears. "Waaahh! My cute little granddaughter said she loves me! Did you hear that?!" He began to shake one of his marines subordinates in excitement while crying and ranting about how happy he is.

Sanji and Nami sweat dropped at that as they watched the goodbye through the window.

"Juli really has him wrapped around her little finger." Nami said in amusement.

A few seconds later...

"Bye, Bye, Garp-jiji!" Juli waved cheerfully after Garp, who had to be dragged away by Bogard or he would have never left.

"Noooooo! I don't want to leave! Juuuli-chaaan!" Garp shouted in the distance as he tried desperately to stay with his granddaughter while Bogard just dragged him away with an annoyed expression on his face.

Coby, Helmeppo and the Strawhats sweat dropped at that. Luffy just laughed cheerily, happy that he survived the meeting with his grandfather.

A few moments later...

Sanji placed a cup of coffee before Robin and a cup of tea before Juli and Chopper. "Man, that's a pretty wild grandpa you two got."