Chapter 19

Jasper's Pov (While Claire was talking to Leo and his sister)

I have to get married today to a woman I didn't even know very well, and I didn't want to marry her anyway as she wasn't Claire.

They insisted I slept in the same room as her so I could get used to sleeping in the same bed as her but I declined and they didn't push it, so I got my own room thank god. I swear if I had to sleep with her she wouldn't keep her hands to herself, it's bad enough when I had to be in the same room as her during the day...

I miss Claire so much, I just wish I could leave here and go back to her.

There was a knock on the door.

"Alpha Jasper, I would advise that you get ready now, as there's only a few hours until the wedding", great... My doom.

I ever so slowly get into my black suit, dreading the moment I have to walk out of the bedroom door.

I wish this was me and Claire getting married.

Claire's Pov

The car finally pulled up to the Midnight pack's pack house and there was a couple people outside checking invitation tickets, crap.

"Don't worry, you're my plus one, and don't say any differently", I nodded to Leo. So they have invites.

We got out of the car and walked to the little line that was moving to the backyard very quickly so it didn't take long for us to get there.

I was holding onto Leo's arm terrified I was going to collapse if I saw Jasper and Leo didn't mind at all. If anything he slipped his arm out of my hold and slipped it around my waist so if I fall he will instantly catch me.

We got to where all the seats are and I insisted that I stand at the back and both stood with me. It was kinda good I did because all the seats were filling up really quick because of all the people that were coming to see this wedding.

We waited a few minutes and Jasper arrived near the altar with his back to me, then another minute later the music started playing and slowly the bride walked down the aisle with her father right beside her. She looked beautiful, I could see why he was marrying her.

Jasper had turned around now and a gust of wind blew past us. Jasper's face slowly started to look around all the people searching for someone.

"Us. He's looking around for us!", Sage was hoping he was that is, but I hid behind Leo before he could see me.

The bride got to the altar and her father left her in Jasper's hands, when she got up to the same height as Jasper they both looked at each other and she smiled but he didn't.

I couldn't hold back the tears, I was quiet though which was good. Leo and Jasper's sister just rubbed my back.

Another little gust of wind blew past us and toward Jasper, he looked out to the crowd and I didn't hide as I was crying too much to care. I looked up to look at him as his eyes locked with mine.

He went to take a step toward me when the bride stopped him, he turned to look at her as the priest spoke.

"Are there any objections?", Jasper turned to look at him.

"I object to this marriage", the look on the priest's face was shocked, and so was the bride and pretty much everyone's face in the crowd.

"Because there is someone else I would like to marry. Nothing against you, but your mate is still out there somewhere, and my mate is here. She is the woman I would like to marry and spend the rest of my life with her. I hope you live a great life", and with that he kissed the back of the woman's hand and then backed away from her before he walked down the aisle.