Chapter 5

A month later

So I've been training for a month now, just on the basics of course, but Jasper promised I'll be able to try something harder soon, even though I keep complaining to him about it. I've also been getting better with talking down the bond between us as it got stronger. 

And while I've been training I've become really good friends with Leo and a few other people who are Jasper's friends, but mostly just Leo.

"Jasper, please now can I try something with a challenge? I have the stuff drilled into my head so far I won't be forgetting it for some time"

"Maybe tomorrow if you're lucky, but if you keep asking it won't happen", I sigh heavily.

"Fine, I'll go start dinner then", then I was off. The rest of that night was peaceful, we ate dinner, hung out and watched a movie before we went to bed, then we went to bed and went to sleep not even knowing what the events were going to play out tomorrow.

The morning came and it was as normal as it always is, we ate breakfast, talked, and laughed at each other. Jasper got called off for his Alpha duties.

"I'll see you later", he smiled to me and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips. Oh yeah that's been happening now too.

"Yip, have fun. Say hi to Leo and the gang for me", I smiled back.

"Of course", then he was gone so I carried on with what I needed to do. I did the chores which took an hour and a half, then headed to our room and got dressed before I headed out to training for the day.

I started about 10am and we had a break about 12-12:30pm for a little lunch break. I was eating when I picked up screaming and shouting with my heightened hearing, it wasn't happy screaming, it was filled with fear. 

I was off instantly heading toward it, it took me about 5-10 minutes to run there, but I got there late. 

There were some people lying on the ground dead, and I saw someone raising a sword against a scared kid who was too scared to run away, there was only one thing I had in mind that I could do with the amount of time I had before that sword hit the kid. 

I ran toward him as fast as I could and I made it just in time to cover the kid with my own body... I was holding the boy and we crashed to the ground, I looked down at him.

"Are you alright?", he nodded.

"You need to run and find your parents, understood?", he nodded again.

I stood up and pushed him behind me, "RUN! NOW", then he was off.

When I saw the people who stood in front of me I went a little pale.

"Hey hunny, long time no see. How ya been?", I snarled.

"Dad..."

Jasper's Pov

It was about 12:30 and I was still working, I wonder how Clair is. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard screams erupting through my pack, I walked outside and saw people attacking the innocent people of my pack. 

A moment later I felt a sharp pain spread across my back, from the back of my left shoulder diagonally down to my right hip... Claire... Oh no.

I was about to start running when a boy ran into me, he looked up at me and tears welled up in his eyes.

"S-she's that way, she needs help. H-her back..." he started sobbing.

"Thank you, now go find your parents, I'm sure they're worried, just be careful not to be seen by the enemy", he nodded and ran again.

Shit Claire, what did you do this time, I ran off in the direction the boy pointed to go.

Claire's Pov

There was about 3 guys including my father in front of me, and one of them was the one that had sliced up my back.

"This one is mine boys, make sure no one interferes would you? I'm sure that mate of her's will be turning up any moment now."

'Claire we should wait for someone to come and help', Sage tried to stop me from the reckless thing I was going to do.

"No one will be able to help us, dad will make sure of that. We need to fight him and win, or we're dead.", Sage just sighed at me.

"Claire, I'm on my way. Don't do anything till I get there", Jasper spoke inside my head and I felt sorry for him for what I was about to say...

"I'm sorry Jasper, but I have no other choice but fight. I'll see you when you get here. I love you", and before he could say anything to stop me I shut him out, so it was easier to concentrate. Even Sage didn't protest against me for shutting him out, I guess she understands what is happening here.

Before I could respond properly I get slammed backwards into the wall behind me.

"Come on, I didn't teach my child to be weak, stand up and fight against me. I'm sure after all these years you would be able to fight against my moves.", so I did, I fought back. And held my own surprisingly, I did get hit like every time.

When Jasper arrived the two men stepped in front of him to stand between me and him.

"Claire!", I was huffing and puffing while wiping some blood that was on my chin and kind of ignored Jasper.

"Let's finish this dad", and with that I wasn't holding anything back anymore, even though I didn't have much to bring to the table to begin with, but whatever will help me defeat him will do.

Jasper fought the two men while I fought my dad, but when Jasper finished those two there were two more standing there. 

Me and dad fought for 10-15 minutes before with much effort I didn't have anymore I landed a solid punch to his jaw and he fell straight on his ass. I walk over to him and grab his hair and lifted his head up to see a stone cold face, he was out, then dropped it. 

I stood there for a solid minute or two looking up at the clear, bright blue sky before I collapsed on the ground and landed on my stomach, whoever was standing in front of Jasper went down pretty quickly because before I passed out I heard him crash to his knees beside me saying my name. 

I tried stretching my hand out to him but it only moved a few centimeters but he saw and grabbed my hand.

"Claire, hang on for me okay? The doctor is on his way now, stay with me", and I seriously tried but I had not even a drop of strength left to stay awake, and before I could try to muster any darkness swept in and took me away from my once perfect dream.

So her dad came back, he just doesn't know when to stop does he?

Comment and vote if you like it, tell me what you think :)