Chapter 13

Jasper's Pov

Claire got up out of bed to get a drink of water, and when she was closing the door I was sound asleep again, swept away into the darkness of my head.

"Jas...", Claire? Am I dreaming about her again? Her voice was distant and I followed it. Then something in me went dark, not just my mind when I'm sleeping.

I bolted up right wide awake. I looked around the room to see if I could see Claire in here but she wasn't here.

I got up and headed downstairs to see if she was still having a drink. I have no idea how long I was out for but hopefully not long because I have a bad feeling about this...

I got to the kitchen and she was nowhere to be seen, I looked around and saw the door that lead outside from the dining room was slightly open, maybe she was out there finishing her drink.

I moved over to the door quickly almost slamming into the door itself. I looked outside and she wasn't there, her scent was around the door but I couldn't find it anywhere else, I walked outside a few steps before my foot hit something on the ground. I looked down and saw a glass cup lying on the ground.

I bent over and picked it up, Claire was outside while she was having her drink but some bastard interrupted that, now I have no idea where she is and it was scaring me. I can't even smell where they took her, they covered their tracks well...

I turned around to walk back inside when I saw something stuck on the door, it was a note.

"Don't expect your mate back, like ever. We'll keep her company for you. You just live your life the way you did Jasper...", I ripped the note off the door and mind linked my father.

"Dad you need to come over here now. Or I'm going to lose it", I tried to keep my cool, but the only thing running through my head was that my mate was somewhere with god knows who, and they could be hurting her in ways I didn't want to think of.

"Sure son. What's up?", he sounded half asleep and I felt bad for waking him up.

"Someone has taken Claire... I'm almost ready to tear this whole house down in anger. All I'm seeing is red dad, I'm so close to exploding", I kept clenching and unclenching my fists trying to keep my anger under control.

"I'm heading right over now. Don't destroy anything while your waiting please", then the line was cut as I guess my dad was coming over right now.

I walked back inside and put the note on the table and walked back outside. I couldn't stay inside the house as all I saw was photos of Claire, and just thinking she was there wasn't good for me at all.

I mind linked Leo and told him to come as soon as possible and he did. My dad arrived and shortly after Leo arrived too.

"What's going on? Shouldn't we all be sleeping?", Leo looked at me confused.

"I can't sleep, and won't be able to till she's found", I could feel tears build up in my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

"Claire's gone?!", I nodded, too scared that if I spoke my voice would shake.

"Where the hell did she go? You didn't scare her off did you Jasper within the time of leaving the pack house and getting here?", that made me angrier thinking he thought I scared her off. Why would I ever?!

"What the hell man! Someone took her, I sure as hell didn't scare her of..f..", out of nowhere I was out of breath, trying to take in as much air as I could get. Something wasn't right, whoever has Claire is going to die.