Chapter 17

Jasper's Pov

Claire shifted back and then proceed to get on me. She slide one of her beautiful legs over my back. Multiple different thoughts were flying through my head right now, and they shouldn't be there at a time like this. I mentally shook my head to rid myself of those thoughts.

I had to focus on getting Claire back to the pack house. When she was lying on my back I slowly started to walk, then I sped up slightly to a little jog. Just after I started jogging I felt Claire go limp on top of me, she fell asleep. I could hear her light breathing.

When I was getting close I mind linked Leo.

"Leo, can you go to the front door of the pack house, if you're there that is, and open the door for me. And whatever you do, don't look at Claire, or I can't promise you your life", I was walking into the clearing where the pack house is and walked toward the door. I saw the door open and Leo's confused face popped out to look at me, I saw his eyes look up to Claire and I let out a warning growl and he looked down.

I walked in the front door still as a wolf not caring. I walked through the halls and down to the room she was lying in.

Leo walked beside me keeping his eyes forward the whole time.

"What happened?", Leo broke the silence first.

"We went for a run, then she got really tired. I offered to carry her back here and she took me up on my offer, she fell asleep probably about half way here", as I was still in wolf form I mind linked him my reply.

"I might be out of place asking this but... How the hell can you do that without wanting to jump her bones? I mean your mate is lying on your back naked and you're walking like it happens everyday", his question made me want to laugh.

"Trust me, it's very difficult", Leo burst out laughing.

I just shook my wolf head and carried on walking. I walked through the house in my wolf form like I would do it everyday and no one minded, if they saw me they just bowed their heads or said something in respect towards me, and they didn't look at Claire which was good.

Leo followed me all the way back to the room Claire has been in for the past 3 days, and when we got there he opened the door for me and I just wandered on in to be greeted by everyone that was in the room at the time.

My sister, Logan and his mate, and my childhood friend? What would she need to come into Claire's hospital room, I mean she doesn't even know her. I guess she just followed my sister down here.

I wonder what Claire was thinking about when she walked in?

When the door opened everyone turned to look at us, I walked to the side of the bed and mind linked them all at the same time.

"All of you turn to look anywhere other than the bed and Claire. Otherwise I can't promise you'll all be alive once I'm done. And if you would be ever so kind, Leo could you go ask a nurse for a robe for Claire? And Logan could you go get me something to wear to cover me up. Wouldn't want Claire or Sage to get angry that I showed off her goods", I laughed at the last part.

They didn't reply as Logan and Leo walked out the room, Leo came back first and put the robe on the bed then turned around, so did everyone else in the room.

I slowly slid Claire off my back as carefully as I could, when she was off I shifted back and then slipped the robe onto Claire's body so she wasn't flashing to everyone what was mine.

I picked Claire up and slid her into bed and pulled the covers up nicely.

A moment after that Logan walked back in with a pair of basketball shorts, he threw them at me and then sat back down with his mate. His eyes came back to meet mine once I had put the shorts on and looked over in his direction.

"You said Sage before, I didn't think about it before but now I'm curious. Who's Sage?", his mate poked him and said something along the lines of don't question the alpha.

"Who's Sage you ask. She's Claire's beautiful wolf", I looked down to Claire's sleeping face as I remember what her wolf looked like. She's beautiful as a human, and in her wolf form.

"What does her wolf look like? If you don't mind me asking", Leo spoke the question I'm sure most of the people in this room wanted to know, I didn't know if I wanted to answer his question. But I did smiling as I spoke not looking away from Claire for a single second.

"She's the complete opposite to me", the room was silent for a moment.

"Your wolf is pure black", Leo spoke more to himself than to anyone in particular.

"And her wolf is pure white. As white as snow, with beautiful bright blue eyes almost an ice blue colour", I spoke and sat down in the seat beside Claire.

Everyone stayed just talking to each other for another hour maybe before people started walking out the room to go do the things they still needed to do before the day ended, but I stayed with Claire.

I was about to fall asleep when someone came into the room.

"Alpha, your father is asking for you to meet him your office right now", what was he wanting at a time like this?

I stood up and kissed Claire's sleeping form before I walked out the door and headed toward my office. When I walked through the door to see my father sitting at my desk he stood and turned to look at me.

"Son... I don't know how to say this. But you've been set up in an arranged marriage, I swear I tried to do everything I could to get you out of it, but they weren't going to let it happen", an arranged marriage?! I don't want any other woman, Claire is my mate and I plan on marrying her and spending the rest of my life with her.

"You're meant to be leaving tomorrow to head to their pack, the Midnight pack. You are to marry the Alpha's daughter to strengthen the bond between our two packs", he's just messing with me right? He never lies to me though, so...

Before he could say anything else to me I walked out the door back to Claire's room, my father followed me. I walked through her door and saw she was still sleeping.

"Son we need to talk about how Claire is going to find out that you will be marrying someone in a few days", I spun around to face him, everything he was saying was making me angry.

"I am not marrying any other woman than Claire! I don't care about the bond between any other pack if it means I have to marry someone else", my father just looked at me.

"You can't back down, you have to for the sake of you pack", I sighed, I really have no choice do I...

"Don't say anything to Claire, she doesn't need to know. She'll just get lonely and she finally got people who think of her as family", my father nodded even though I know he would like Claire to know what was going to happen.

I turned back to look at Claire to see she was stirring and waking up. When her eyes opened she looked at me.

"Hey beautiful, how long have you been awake?"

"I just woke up. Why?", good, hopefully she didn't hear our conversation.

Her eyes looked past me and looked at my father.

"Hello Ethan", it's always weird to hear Claire saying my father's name.

"Hello Claire, are you feeling any better?"

"Yes, much better", she slowly say up. I moved over to her to help her up.

All I can do now spend as much time as I can with Claire before I have leave for the Midnight pack tomorrow...