Chapter 2

Jasper's Pov (Back in the hospital room)

The girl that was lying on the bed in front of me was so pale, I was almost pale when I saw all the bruises over her body when the doctor was checking her, who would do this to her? She takes it all and I haven't even seen her show any emotion when she gets bullied everyday, from the first day of school when I started with a few of my friends from my pack I could see she had shut off to pretty much everything around her, and everyone around her didn't care like she didn't exist until they need to relieve their stress and that's it.

There was something about her that always made me want to stay around her, to see any flicker of emotion even just a little, but it never happens. I don't think she's noticed that I'm in her class, but I'm sure she'll notice at some point.

I was sitting beside the bed she was lying on when she bolted up and it shocked me a little that she could move that fast with the injuries that she has, but she swayed a little and I guess the consequences came quickly.

"Watch it little lady", her head snapped to face me and she froze, what do I look funny?. A moment passed and she spoke.

"W-what is your n-name?". There! Emotion was seeping out as she spoke, she's nervous around me, why?. I looked her over before I decided to reply to her.

"Jasper. What's yours?" I didn't show anything in my words which was what I was taught to do when talking to someone you didn't know.

"U-umm Claire" her eyes dropped instantly. Then she didn't look me in the eye, she was fine just before, what happened to change her mind, but that turned to the least of my problems.

"U-umm what time is it?"

"Like 4:30pm. Why?"

Something clicked in her and faster than my eyes could follow she was up and running out the door, not just running but full on sprinting out the door. I followed her but I didn't know if I wanted to get involved so at some point I stopped and watched her run off.

But about maybe 20-30 minutes later I felt a sharp pain in my left cheek, and then a minute later there was a sharper and more painful pain erupting from the right side of my lower stomach, then it spread it bit more to the left. The pain subsided a little for a few minutes then something was on my ankle, more pain, when was it going to end. Within seconds I was feeling the pain as if the air had just been knocked out me but I haven't done anything, then my head hurt and then my whole body. 

One of my mates ran up to me and was trying to talk to me but I wasn't listening, too focused trying to figure out what the hell was happening. The last thing I felt was my back and side being in pain but only for a second before it was gone altogether, and nothing happened again. Really what the hell was happening?!

Claire's Pov

The time passed and it had been two weeks since I had been back to school, instead I've been locked in this cell with just enough food and water to keep me alive and pushing forward. I wonder if the teacher's are being told to look the other way because it's me.

I was left alone for a good month with the exception of someone dropping off the leftover scraps and a glass of water for me. I've been hanging in this cell for the last 3 weeks, with my back almost touching the wall, being held up by silver chains, which were constantly burning my wrists, but being a werewolf I had healing abilities so my wrists would burn and heal at the same time. It hurts constantly. They have also put a silver collar around my throat that is stuck into the wall behind me as well. This sucks...

What has he been doing?. Jasper. Why can't I get him out of my mind, it's not like I'll see him ever again anyway.

Jasper's Pov

Claire hasn't been to school in a month now. I wonder what happened. There was some feeling inside me that wanted to know she was going to come back to school tomorrow, and every morning when I got to class I would wait for her to walk through that door and sit in her seat and ignore everyone except the teacher but she never did.

What was this feeling?

And soon enough I had, had enough of the waiting so I went to the office and went to the desk.

"Umm Can I ask for some personal information on a student here?", the office lady looked at me for a moment and realized who I was.

"Of course, who are you asking for Alpha Jasper?"

"Claire, she never gave me her last name", when Claire's name came off of my lips the office lady tensed.

"What's wrong?", her head turned to face me and she smiled at me but there was something behind that smile.

"Why would you be asking about Claire?", she turned back towards her computer waiting for me to answer her.

"Because I want to, now give me the answers I'm wanting", I was starting to get agitated and frustrated but I think she picked up on that and gave in.

"Claire, she's 17 and lives in the Silver Moon pack which isn't far from here. Backstory kinda complicated, if you're wanting to know that then I'd say you should ask her that personally. I don't feel right with exposing that to you even if you're an alpha, it's something she should tell you. Is that all?" she turns to face me again and smiles with the same smile as before, and I just nod my head.

"Thanks for sparing a minute of your time to answer my question", she just nodded and turned back to her computer and I walked away. As I walked away I rubbed my wrists, they've been hurting for the past 3 weeks now, and I still don't know why... But I think I need to find Claire.

Comment and vote if you liked it :) Let me know what you guys think.