Caution

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

Love and Gangs

Curious to know why I've been gone for so long? Read at the end.

_________________________________________

"So tell me again what was more important then our date last night?" Damien's breathed into my ear. I sighed irritatedly and put my pencil down, shuffling away my statistics homework.

"It wasn't a date." I answered turning around. Damien didn't waste anytime sitting down next to me and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah tell your dopey friend that." He replied taking a look at Courtney talking to Josh. I gripped the bench while talking through gritted teeth.

"Damien just go. I'm busy." I wanted so bad to punch him for the comment he made towards Courtney. It was just something I felt about people talking bad about the people I cared about. Courtney was practically my sister I knew everything about her. Too bad she only knew half the truth about me.

"Hey come on don't be that way." He leaned closer even when he saw my glare. His finger trailed from my cheek to the top button of my uniform shirt. This time I couldn't help but slap his hand away.

"Don't touch me."

Calm down. I repeated over and over but somehow it didn't seem to calm me. Something about boys at this school thinking they could do things because they had money really got under my skin.

"There you are. I thought I lost you." Evan appeared out if nowhere. Had he been listening to Damien and I's conversation?

"What's pretty boy doing here?" Evan asked sitting down next to me. Damien scowled over my head at Evan but then somehow schooled his features into a polite expression.

"Evan." Damien managed to say without a trace of malice. Evan didn't even turn an inch towards Damien, his focus still on me awaiting my answer. I turned towards him and once I saw his barely hidden smile I knew it was a ploy to get rid of Damien.

"Damien was just leaving." I said turning towards Damien. "Weren't you?" I smiled sweetly .

Either he didn't feel like arguing or he had something else planned but Damien didn't argue.

"Um yes. I'll see you later, Anna." Damien smiled devilishly before bending down to kiss my cheek. I pulled away before he took it any further.

When he finally did leave I smiled over at Evan with thanks but found him eyeing Damien's retreating back. To my surprise he was wasn't scowling but analyzing him over like he would an opponent on a battlefield. Not too long past before he turned to me and smiled like normal.

"Thanks for that." I felt the need to thank him for getting rid of Damien.

"My pleasure. He's a stuck-up little prick."

"And you're not?" The words left my mouth before I had time to stop myself. He smiled at me.

"Are you always this feisty?" He smirked undeterred by my words.

Looking ahead he stared at Courtney while talking to me . "I like it." His flirtatious tone made my whole body tingle in a way I hadn't know it could.

My mind kept yelling at me go retreat from the situation but it was like my mouth and body had a mind of its own and before I knew it I was leaning closer towards him. He seemed to notice my advance from the way he's eyes flickered downwards and the way he licked his lips.

"Anna!" Courtney's accusatory voice awakened me from my daze. I turned to face her stern face at the same time Evan leaned in towards me. I wasn't sure what happened next because it all seemed to blur but the next thing I knew Courtney had a death grip on my arm while pulling me up from the bench and away from Evans confused stare.