Turfs

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

~_~

All throughout first period I was in an anxious mood. I just wanted to be in second period so I could switch partners. Damn! I should have gone to talk to Mr.Williams this morning. I thought.That would have saved me some time.When I entered second period I was relieved to see Evan wasn't here yet.He was probably out 'doing' something.I looked around surprised to actually see Mr.Williams at his desk.I walked over,hoping to talk to him before Evan got her.

"Mr.Williams I wanted to talk to you about the partners." I said.He looked up from grading papers

"What is it you wanted to talk to me Miss. Ramirez? If it's about changing partners you already know -"

"I heard you yesterday,but you see it's just Evan and I really won't make good partners.He's-"

"He can be a handful," He finished for me ",I see that Anna and I feel him being your partner is a good thing. In fact maybe you can get him to actually pay attention." He finished. I knew I was a good student and teachers liked me, but to believe that much in me to think that I could influence Evan into behaving. Now from what I observed of him,it seemed like no one could change Evan.

"Plus every ones already gotten started on their project and it wouldn't be fair to switch just you and Evan." He said as an afterthought. I smiled a tight lip smile not really satisfied. I was trying to keep as cool as possible,but I could feel my outer self slipping. I didn't want to think of the possibility of ever talking to that jerk again let alone work with him!

"I understand Mr.Williams,Thank You." I said through gritted teeth. I didn't want to lash out at him because it wasn't his fault but Evans. It seemed like I'd been thinking about Evan more this days then I ever did before.I walked curtly back to my desk.I was still angry but I tried to not show it. Never once in my years attending this school had I ever made a scene to draw attention to myself aside from yesterday and it was all thanks to Evan. Speak of the devil and he doth appear.

At that moment Evan sauntered into the classroom with that smug look that seemed to be always plastered on his face. He looked over at me as if sensing my eyes.When he saw me he grinned. I wanted to get up and smak that grin of his face. I looked att him with as much distaste as I could muster which was quite a bunch considering my mood. He walked over to me with that same expression on his face except this time it seemed to not reached his eyes like before.

"Hello," he said in his in a voice,even I couldn't deny,would make a girls knees weak.Not me though I was in too much of a pissy mood to care.When I didn't answer he sat down and leaned into me.I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

"Are you still mad about yesterday?" He asked. I jerked away from him and didn't answer.If I did I knew I wouldn't be able to sustain my anger.

"Come on. Look I just wanted to promise I won't say anymore inappropriate comments and focus solemnly on the project." He said with a charming smile.Ha! I thought. As if that was ever happening. Evan didn't do homework so there must have been a catch. As if reading my mind he said.

"I promise there's no catch. Look I saw that if I ever want to pass this class and graduate I have to do this project." He said with a serious face. I was shocked. Evan serious for once was not something I was used to. He usually took everything as a joke and always carried a grin or smirk. I looked all over his face to see any sign of joking but couldn't find any.

"Okay," I said." this means no fooling around because I'm not willing to put up with it. Agreed?" I said.

"Agreed." He smiled but not that smug smile. A real smile, one that I thought was actually nice and pretty. Then I stopped myself. Wait.Pretty? Did I seriously just refer to Evan's smile as pretty?