Chapter 7

A mild summer evening. The sun was already setting, painting the sky in beautiful orange, red and purple. I found myself standing in the front yard of a small wooden house at the end of a street. The flower beds decorating the path to the house were carefully planted. An unknown power forced me to move towards the house, calling for me. The front door was wide opened and of course I noticed the scratch marks on it but didn't paid much attention. 

I walked straight inside and stood in the living room. The room was a chaos: destroyed furniture, ripped curtains and pillows, blood spreaded everywhere, two corpses laying on the floor - Ghouls. It smelled like blood and death but surprisingly it left me unbothered. I felt numb, didn't cared about the scene I was facing. I continued my way through the house went past another corpse in the kitchen - stabbed with a knife - also one of these disgusting creatures.

The voice in my head got even louder the closer I got to my destination - a children's room. I stopped in the doorframe examining the scene in front of me: the door was broken up decorated with bloody scratch marks, the room itself looked cleaned up and intact. A little girl, probably 3 years old, was sitting in her bed with a hypnotized expression as she was staring at the Ghoul infront of her. Surprisingly, she didn't seemed to be scared at all. She seemed fascinated and the creature inspected her with the same amount of interest. Normally, I would be disgusted and would do my duty by fighting and killing the beast but somehow the voice in my head told me that everything's going to be okay.

"KATHY! Jack go look for Kathy!" a woman screamed in the distance and I heard footsteps echoing through the house. I wondered who was calling for my name. The footsteps got louder and I knew someone was getting closer. A woman in a loose white knee-length nightdress covered in blood, holding a bloodied sword in her right Hand, and a man in a red lumberjack shirt and Jeans, instantly aiming for the creature with the rifle in his hands, ran into the room. The little girl and the Ghoul still facing each other.

"Get away from her you disgusting piece of shit!" the man threatened but the woman suddenly putted her left hand on top of the rifle and stopped him from aiming. "No wait. Look at this Jack." she said spreading for enthusiasm pointing at the scene. "I told you she's the key, I saw it in my vision. She'll end all this." she smiled at him. Abruptly, the Ghoul turned around, his red eyes now focusing on the woman in white and he jumped into her direction biting into her right shoulder. She screamed in pain, let go of her sword and slightly turned around to me, falling on her knees holding her injured shoulder. The man didn't hesitated and shoot the monster but my vision suddenly turned blurry and I wasn't able to see if the bullet hit it's destination.

Instead, I saw the woman kneeling on the floor looking into my direction, no not my direction, she was Looking AT me. "Oh Kathy, look at you, the pretty woman you've grown up to. Listen we don't have much time", she said with dead serious, "you're the key to end all this, but you're also in danger. The wrong people got know about you and what you're capable of. Don't trust them Kathy! I'll try to hel-" she continued to explain something to me but I wasn't able to hear her anymore. The man also looked into my direction, but he looked past me, he didn't see me. He seemed familiar to me, it was my dad but he appeared younger. He shook the womans shoulders but she kept staring at me until she fainted.

All of a sudden an unknown power dragged me away from the scene and my body obeyed her, guiding me back into the front yard. My sight became even more blurry until I fell on the floor but I felt no pain.

As I regained my consciousness I heard many upset voices in the background loudly discussing something. "The ambulance is on it's way. They'll be here in about 15 minutes." a man said. "Thanks hyung." another one responded. "And what are we going to do about her?" a third one asked with a deep voice. "Yoongi what are you talking about? We'll wait until the ambulance arrives and then we hand her over into their responsibility." "She saw me, Namjoon! She saw my eyes." "Wait what?" two men wondered in choir and a big loud argument started around me as I came back to reality and realised in what kind of a situation I am.

I slowly opened my eyes still feeling weak, definitely not able to fight all the enemies around me. They seemed distracted by their argument and I kept looking around trying to find a way to escape. "Guys.." no reaction. "Guys! Look.. she's awake." someone informed them and I knew the voice, it was Jungkook. I ignored them and sat up but no chance they would let me go.

"Hey, you're Kathy right?" Namjoon approached me and I knew the only way out is playing my role. "Yes that's me." "How are you Katy?" he asked worried. "I'm fine thank you. I truly apologize for my weird behaviour.", I bowed, "I didn't wanted to make any circumstances. I think I gotta go now." I said getting up from the couch I just laid on.

"No no. You don't have to leave. Stay, we called an ambulance to check on you." Jin joined. "Oh you didn't have to do that! I'm totally fine. This happens to me often, I forgot to take my pills this morning. That's it but I need to go now because my train's coming soon and I don't want to get another attack in public" I joked about myself. Namjoon and the others exchanged some looks and my heart started to race at the thought that they might kill me now because they discovered what I am but they seemed to agree as Namjoon turned his attention back to me and smiled. "Okay. It was nice meeting you Kathy, may we meet again!"

With that a guard guided me out of the building. As he turned around to go back in, I started to run as fast and as far as my feet could carry me.