Chapter 1 - Prolog

Centuries ago the human race almost got wiped out because a fast spreading deadly virus got unleashed causing thousands of people to die but in the end we survived. Our systems were able to build antibodies against the virus and even though we all lost our families, our houses and our hope, not all of us lost their lives and over the years we've build a new society and grew even bigger. Little did we know that we were not the only ones that survived.

Only months after the epidemic, incidences appeared where people got attacked by their own believed dead family members. This turned out to be the second wave of the virus and as an even bigger danger than the virus itself. People called the attackers, frightful blood thirsty creatures, Ghouls, with their unhuman powers they're hard to eliminate. Luckyly, among the rebuilding society groups were formed, specialized and trained to fight off these monsters living among us. They are called the Hunter.

Over the years until now the Ghouls got less and less and so did the Hunter. Only a few clans are still existing and over time it got more and more difficult to kill them because they still were partly human. Their human genes helped them to overcome other epidemics the human race went through like the plague. Today they even have the ability to adapt a human appearance which makes it even harder for Hunter to locate and eliminate them.

I have no doubt that they are totally dangerous. When I was a child our old place got attacked by a group of 7 Ghouls. My parents locked me in my room while they were fighting against the dark creatures but one of them managed to break the door to my room and I saw him in his real appearance:  flimsy bodystructure, seemingly weak but really strong, pale skin covered in blood of it's latest victim but the most scariest of his features - his eyes. Blood red and empty, only focusing on me, his next delicious victim. He slowly came closer without letting me out of his sight, hungryly licking his lips but before he could harm me, my mom entered the room and attacked the monster. They both fought hard and without mercy. Long story short, because I can't remember what happened that night anymore, they both died. My dad and I, we never really talk about my amnesia or the night of the attack in general, and to be honest I don't need any details about the way my mom died right in front of the three-year old me.

Who am I anyway? My Name is Kathy and I'm a 19-year old Hunter. My dad has raised and trained me in martial arts, sword fight and more modern the use of a gun, since I was 4 years old. Sounds hard but it shows how much he's caring about me. He doesn't want to lose another loved person, especially not his daughter and I understand him. I love him - my dad is my all-time hero and I can't imagine my live without him. That's why I'm still living with him, not because I'm lazy or anything, simply because we both want to protect each other.

But protecting my dad and the entire human race is not what I do just because it's my destiny - I want revenge for my mom, and this is my story.

~~~~~~~

Hi, a little note before you guys continue reading. 

Due to the way I build the story, BTS' appearance won't be in the very first chapters. This is a BTS au nevertheless and they will of course take a big part but I'm leading into the story first. I hope you don't mind this too much and give me a chance hhhh :)

Thank you for reading until here. Please let me know whatever you think and I hope to see you in the next chapter! <3

-Ju