Chapter 5

I woke up to the wonderful songs of the birds and the rising sun shining directly into my face. As I opened my eyes I found myself laying on the grass of a clearing in the forest. I wore a loose white knee-length nightdress what i've never seen before but still it seemed familiar to me. Wondering about how I got there I stood up and looked around the area, the grass tickling underneath my bare feet. The clearing was formed as a perfect circle closely surrounded by 20-30 meter high trees whose treetops grow very close together causing the forest to be as dark as the night. The only light could be found on the clearing myself was standing on. I didn't knew which direction I needed to take to get back home again so I deciced to follow the direction of the sun as it was probably 8 in the morning and the sun goes up in the east. During my Hunters schooling we also learned how to orientate in unknown terrain in order to survive but I never thought I would make use of it. Right as I wanted to make the first step in said direction I heard rattle noises only chains would make as I suddenly felt something pulling on my leg and as I looked down I saw myself in chains that hadn't been there before for sure.

All of a sudden the sun disappeared behind dark thick clouds and it started to rain heavyly. Increasingly worried, almost panicing, I turned around myself looking for a place to hide from the pouring rain but the chains straightened causing me to fall. At the attempt to catch my falling body my hands were looking for support but they only found grip on a sharp-edged stone and I cut my palms. I let out a loud pain cry echoing through a large part of the forest and I used the fabric of the dress I was wearing to stop the bleeding as I heard cracking sounds coming from behind me as if shoes stepped onto wooden sticks. Hoping for someone to come and help me out of this fucked up situation, I turned around "I'm here! Someone help me, please!"

In the distance I spotted 8 silhouettes and felt so relieved someone would finally come and help me out, but the closer they got I knew none of them is going to help me as my 7 seventh sense came to life and the need to vomit was back again. "Ghouls!" my thoughts screamed and as they were close enough I was able to make out their blood red eyes. Those kind of eyes I only met 17 years ago. On the clearings edge they came to a hold staring at me like statues as if they were studying me. The darkness forbid me to see their faces. I was heavyly breathing and tried to get rid of the chains but there was no escape. I'm about to die right here, right now.

I felt that I got weaker and weaker from my fight with the chains and my blood loss, and they seemed to notice it. One of them started to walk towards me, the other seven remained back. I felt my blood freezing in my veins as the thin body and the dangerously red eyes came up to me. Unexpectedly, I saw that it was a woman wearing the same white nightdress as I did. The closer she got I recognised more and more detailes of her. She must have been in her mid 20s and her beautiful long brown hair seemed very familiar to me but I was unable to catch my memories. My whole body was shaking by fear but it stopped the moment she kneeled beside me and I could see her crystal clear. No fucking way - that's impossible!

She still looked like I had her in my memories, well.. besides the red eyes and the blood smeared mouth. "M-Mom?" i asked with a trembling voice. She stopped staring at me hungryly and her face turned ito a soft but confused expression as our eyes met. Suddenly, she jumped up on her feet, faster than a human ever could, and ran back to where she came from. As she reached the seven remaining monsters she turned back facing me again. She lifted her right arm shoulder-high, like it was an order, and the seven others ran into my direction, their eyes even darker than before. I heard their growling voices as they attacked me. I started to scream but my voice didn't obeyed me. Not a single sound left my lips. They didn't hesitated, not even for a tiny second, as they pushed their teeth into my young flesh. From one second to the other the pain grew unbearably big that I couldn't take it anymore and it all went black.

Bathed in sweat and all Screaming, I finally woke up from this nightmare. I tried to calm myself down again as my dad already rushed into my room. He must have heard me screaming. According to the way his hair stands up in all possible directions and the fact that he's still wearing his red, black and yellow squared pajamas told me that I must have woke him up and I felt guilty. "Are you okay?" he asked with a worried voice. "I think so. It was just a nightmare, nothing to worry about dad." "A nightmare? Do you want to talk about it?" "No, actually I don't really remember it anymore." I lied. "Okay sweety. Oh look!",he pointed at the clock hanging on the wall over my desk, "It's already 8am. Do you want me to make some bacon and eggs for breakfast?" I laughed "With what? The three slices of bread, some lemons and one sausage that is almost rotten?" I chuckled enumeration all that's left in our frigde. He started to laugh too "Well... then I'm going to buy us some jam and croissants while you get ready for today? I bet you can't wait to see them." he smiled proudly and left me confused. "Meet who? What are you talking about dad?" "I'm talking about the BTS fanmeeting today! Didn't you open your birthday present?"

I couldn't believe my ears "WHAAAAAT!? NO I HAVEN'T OPENED IT! YOU GOT BTS FANMEETING TICKETS FOR ME?" I cheered loudly. "Yes sweety, I know I said we can't afford it but I know you always wanted to meet them, so I got it as your birthday and graduation present because just to see your big bright eyes, like I do right now, was worth it all." I couldn't describe my happiness so I just jumped up from my bed and hugged him as tight as I could "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! I love you dad!"