The Sign Of Three: Part Five

"Now, for funny stories, one has to look no further than John's Blog." Sherlock stated, now with more confidence in his words. He chuckled slightly before saying as well, "that or you just ask Aspen for her side of the story."

The room seemed to chuckle at that, as did I as Sherlock glanced at me.

"We've had some strange cases, such as: The Hollow Client and The Poison Giant. We've had some touching cases, frustrating cases, and of course there was the elephant in the room." Sherlock listed. I tried my best to hide my confused face, because I certainly don't remember elephants in the room. I looked to Lucy and Daniel, who were captivated by Sherlock's words.

"But we want something special for today, don't we? It was called the Bloody Guardsman."

I smiled at the thought of how that began, for I was there for most of that case.

-

"I'll see you tonight, Lucy, and bye Daniel!" I told my friends as they waved bye and walked down to the end of the street. The day was getting chilly for the beginning of spring. I removed my gloves and inserted my key before walking in.

Walking up the stairs led me to what looked like a case for Sherlock. There were loads of paperwork on the wall, all in separate and unusually well organised sectors. Next to a studious Sherlock was a three-dimensional model of what I realized was their wedding reception.

"Um, Hey?" I greeted hesitantly. Mary looked over and beamed at the sight of me. She was the only one, as Sherlock was glued to the work on the wall, and John was glued to the work on his phone.

"Did I interrupt something?" I said with a half joking tone.

Mary was about to respond when Sherlock started going off on wedding plans.

"Schedule the organ music to begin at precisely 11:48-" He started to babble.

"Sherlock, the rehearsal isn't for two weeks, just calm down." Mary told the man.

"Calm, I am calm. In fact, I am extremely calm." Sherlock brushed off as he walked over to the white model. I amusement, I went to look over the model, and saw I sat next to Mary's Maid of Honor Janine.

"John's cousin? How about top table?" Mary suggested to Sherlock.

"No, hates you, can't even bear the thought of you."

"Yikes." I said a little too loud. At that I saw John glance up and give me a joking look. I winked at my uncle and saw his chuckle softly.

"Well, lets stick her by the bogs." Mary stated, and then placed a name plate on the model.

"So, what about my friends? I was thinking we could put them next to Molly and Lestrade." I suggested, looking through the names for Daniel and Lucy.

"Are you sure? You don't want the closer to you? I only ask because you don't really know Janine and Stella." Mary asked. "Especially Daniel, I know you want him a little closer." She winked at me after her statement and dangled his name tag in front of me like a treat. As tempting as her offer was, I did choose to decline it.