Chapter 11 - Loving Heart

Beginne am Anfang

"Bu-but dad, I want to know, please. I know it's him you're talking about," he pleaded. "And her," he looks down and says under his breath, barely audible.

As much as possible, I want to shield my boy from all the pain and risks this conversation entails, although I know I'm just delaying the inevitable. But how can I deny my boy of the truth? He deserves to know. He has a right to know. But is he ready? No, he is not. Will he ever be ready? I don't think anyone can ever be. I heave a deep sigh, before standing up to approach him. I put my hands on each of his shoulders and crouch down to meet his eye level, "are you sure about this? This is serious, Yo."

Uncertainty flashed in his eyes. He hesitated for a second, but he still nods. That's it my boy, be brave. You're gonna need every ounce of courage you have in you. I lead him to the chair beside mine to sit. "Yo, baby, I want you to listen to us with an open mind, but most importantly, with a loving heart," I tell him while holding his arm and looking straight in his eyes.

He looks at me like he's about to cry. I kiss his head. I know he's starting to feel the severity of the situation, what with me talking to him seriously like that, which I've never done before. But it's time for my baby to grow up. It's time for my boy to man up and face his own battle. He's been too sheltered, and now he needs to come to terms with what life has thrown at him. It will be hard and he may not be able to take it alone, but I am here for him and I will make sure to catch him if and when he stumbles. Life can be cruel, and he just has to learn to live with it. As cold as it may sound, he has no choice.

I was furious with Phana last night. Furious to the point I was willing to take down the entire Kongthanin clan and their allies with him. Bury their family name like it never existed. I was only waiting for the report so I can set my plans in motion, but after reading it earlier, everything changed.

I am a father who loves my son very much. I am a person who will do anything to keep the one I love safe. Anything. Sure, he could've handled it better, but his end goal is still the same regardless - to keep Yo safe. The reason behind his actions is still the same, no matter how I look at it - his immense love for my boy. The very reason and goal that I have and strive for as a father, are the same as what he has for my son. And for that, I couldn't thank him enough. My Wayo is still a baby in my eyes and forever will be, but I should not forget that Phana, although tough, is also still just a child. He's just a year older, so it's too much to expect his maturity to be leaps and bounds ahead of Yo.

I have come to accept his actions, I hope Yo also finds it in his heart to accept and forgive his Phana.

-----

Wayo POV

Listen with an open mind. Listen with a loving heart. I don't get what is happening exactly, but it looks really serious. They're talking about P'Pha and perhaps his new found love. Can I really listen to this? Can I bear the pain once I find out the truth?

I look at the people around us and I see my dad's secretary and head doctor and someone I don't know. "Yo, this is Dr. Prachaya," my dad gestures to the person sitting in front of us.

Wait, why is my dad talking to doctors if it's about P'Pha and his girlfriend? The only reason I can think of why the doctors are there talking about them is... I can feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes. Is she pregnant? P'Pha is going to be a father. That's why he left me, because I couldn't ever give him a child. It's hopeless. We're hopeless. If what he is looking for is anatomically impossible for me, then I guess there's no point for me to hold on anymore. But how do you unfeel what you feel? How do you unlove somebody? How do I unlove my great love?

"I know you're overthinking again. That's not a good habit, baby. Stop that," my dad says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at him and he sighs. "Before you think of any scenario in your head, why don't we listen to what Dr. Prachaya has to say first?"

I close my eyes, take a deep breath and erase all the thoughts I had a minute ago. I clear my mind. 'Open mind. Loving heart,' I repeat in my head. I look at my dad again, he holds my hand and I nod at him. We turn to look at the doctor in front of us.

"Dr. Prachaya, please continue," my dad tells him. The doctor looks at me nervously then clears his throat.

"Wayo, am I correct?" Dr. Prachaya asks me. How does he know who I am? I look at my dad and he looks just as confused as me. "Uhm, how do you know me, sir?" I ask him back.

"Well, your dad called you Yo and you're both interested to know about Phana Kongthanin, so I assumed that you are the Wayo he talked about," Dr. Prachaya explains.

"P'Pha talked about me?"

"Yes, your boyfriend did. As a matter of fact, we talked about you more than we talked about him."

"I don't understand, doctor," I mutter. "And he's not my boyfriend anymore," I say in a whisper, looking down at the floor.

"Well, there's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just get straight to the point."

Dr. Prachaya heaves a deep, loud sigh and looks straight in my eyes full of concern and... is that pity? I feel my dad grip my arm tightly and rub small circles with his thumb. Everybody in the room tenses up. Do they already know what he's going to say? I don't think I can hold my tears anymore. I'm sweating bullets and shaking. There's a bitter taste in my mouth and my heart is beating fast. The wait is killing me.

"Wayo, Phana is dying."

-----

A/N: Thank you for getting this far. Hope you continue reading until the end.

Chapter 12 will be out next week.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to vote.