•23•

"No sight of her anywhere?" Marcus types on his computer as i'm standing behind him. "Nothing. Are you sure she had something to do with you losing Kyle?" "It has her psychotic mind all over it. That psych ward didn't do shit but make her more insane. "She's in hiding, but where the hell could she be?" "Are you sure you want to be doing this.. Kyle is still so fresh." I roll my eyes. "Just keep tracking her location Marcus I didn't ask for a counseling session" Walking out I slam the door rubbing my hands down my face. My stomach growls as my baby lets me know that he/she is hungry. "Fine let's feed you. I want some alfredo anyway."

I order one of my guys to go get my some pasta as I sat in my office tracing over my wedding picture. This is a pain I can't seem to let go. Even when I avenge his death I still won't get over it. Kyle was my bestfriend, my light, my happiness, my ease and all of that got taken away from My baby and I. We were robbed of a great man and I want.. revenge. I won't rest until Miranda and whomever shot my sister and my husband are dead by my gun or hands. That's a promise. My door opens to not my food but Cane.

"What are you doing here?" "Looking for you. You didn't come home last night." "I handled the shipment alone. I needed that" "Have you been to his grave sight" "Yup. How's Yasmine?" "In bed, still tender so i'm making sure she stays her ass in that bed" "The kids happy she's home?" "They won't leave her side. You need to come home" "Nah, i'm good." "Jamie." "Cane, i'm trying to grieve in peace and in my own way. My life is never be the same, i'm trying to gather myself here being as though i'm about to have a baby that I don't even think I want anymore" "Jamie you're just talking out of heartbreak." "How can I look this baby in the face seeing Kyle and not feel completely destroyed? How can i mentally prepare myself to look at a little Kyle without my Kyle here? How do I do this?" Cane closes the door standing there looking down at me. I look away. "I don't think I can keep this baby.." "Kyle wouldn't want you to do this." "Yeah well, he left me so. What does he gotta say about this?" "You're just talking out of anger and resentment right now. I'll let you deal with this in peace" "Yeah thanks." I open a water drinking it turning my back to him in my seat. He walks out causing me to tear up thinking about this. Everything I said I meant, I can't even think about holding a little baby in my arms and not looking up seeing Kyle smiling at the baby as well. It's just going to break my heart, i'd try my hardest to not look at the baby speak to it and engage with it. So i don't want to put the baby through that. I wipe my tears as I picked my phone up.

"Hi, um.. It's Jamie Carter. I'd like to discuss my options."
Time for a time leap.
1 year later..

"Pass me the blanket for your sister please Micah

"Pass me the blanket for your sister please Micah." He takes his attention off his Ipad and hands me one of Melindas blankets so I could lay her down.

So much has happened in a year I can't even keep up. Starting with myself I just gave birth to my second bundle of joy. A beautiful babygirl names Melinda Marie Carter. I ended up changing Micah last name to match his father's and my new one. Finding out I was pregnant excited me because this time around Shane is here to go through this journey with me and he was the reason my pregnancy went so smoothly. Watching the life in his bloom as I got bigger and bigger, her kicks excited him , finding out the baby is a girl made him even happier. I finally got the family I wanted which is all I asked for.