4. Distant Place Of Mind

You can only imagine how I feel right now. I feel like a stranger in my own body, I feel like I constantly have a headache and I'm scared out of my own mind. Waking up  having no recollection of who I am. I know my name is Cassie, Cassie Black but I haven't had much time being awake to research myself. Once I woke up the first time my head pounded in my sleep and I was sleep for 2 months. Waking up still feeling the same way I did before just a little more alert that I was still in the same place brought some comfort, as in my sleep I had nightmares and the same one replayed in my head the whole time. I can't really piece together what it was or what was going on, it was all so blurry and confusing like my brain right now. Opening my eyes and seeing nobody around I got curious and stepped out the room, found the two men in the kitchen and told them that I was hungry. Only to after I'm done getting gripped up by the strongest hands and this grip up wasn't of ''who'' are you in my house it was ''why'' are you in my house. Looking in his eyes as he shook me asking why was I here they were dark, evil, scary and they sunk right into my soul as I also seen pain. He scared me, he made my wall go all the way back up as in my head I seen red lights looking at him. My head started to pound as I felt one of the men grab me from him and I backed into the wall and started to cry out of fear. He looks at me with such hate like I did something to him. He yelled with bitterness in his tone, I couldn't even look at him anymore and that's when Jamie shows up. Seeing her face calmed me down being as though she's been the most gentle person I've met since waking up in the mental state that I did.

Feeling the sun touch my skin I exhale as it felt nice to feel an outside breeze and be in the outside light. We walked to the gates of the garden and just from the outside it looked so nice, getting in I walked to the white roses and bent down bringing my nose to one. If I know anything, I know I love roses by the way they made my soul feel at ease. It's just a flower that's so subtle, soft and simple but once touched with aggression due to the thorns on the stem you get cut. You bleed. ''you like roses?'' ''love them'' ''you seem to remember somethings'' ''some.. but nothing major I wish I could'' ''you have a family, 2 brothers and your parents are married.'' ''what's their names?'' She took her phone out, after typing on it for a couple seconds she shows me a picture. I looked at my own family as she says like they're strangers, because they were. I didn't recognize them, know them or anything came to me. ''nothing?'' ''not at all. I don't want to go back to them like this'' I sat on the grass touching the rose with my thumb and feeling a power of sadness come over me, as my eyes started to sting, I lifted my hand stopping the tears. Jamie touches my wrist assuring me without words that it's okay. ''I will help you in any way that I can to bring your memory back so we can get you back to them'' I nodded giving her a reassuring smile touching her hand back. ''Also, pay Shane no mind. He's rude, he's a hot head and he doesn't know how to be anything but stern all the time'' ''he looked at me with such anger.. '' ''Shane has his own demons he needs to handle'' '' you sound mad at him'' ''a tad bit agitated but I'm glad I have you to talk to because everyone in there is bone heads. '' We laugh like the best of friends and it was a laugh I so needed. ''Im glad to have you here too to help me Jamie, it means a lot'' ''I've always been compassionate towards others because going through life a raging tyrant doesn't work for everybody'' ''right'' We enjoyed our talk in the garden for a couple hours as I got to know her a little more. She is a girl who is broken, just like me. Have been lost, just like me and one thing we have in common now is we're still trying to find ourselves. Glad to have someone like her.

(In the next chapter I will show you Shane and His Fiancee)

Shane POV

I move my curtain back watching Jamie in the garden with Cassie, I haven't seen Jamie happy in a very long time, genuinely smiling enjoying someone else's company. She's always been to herself, hostile and only trusted me plus people around me. I watch Cassie as my blood boils that I'm staring at a Black. I'm not a complete monster, if I knew she was in the condition she was I wouldn't have roughed her up the way I did. Seeing her sitting against the wall scared for once in my life I felt a little bad, she should be scared right now. She's under my roof and the first thing I do is harm her. I never feel bad for choking someone, I never feel bad for beating someone out, I never feel bad for killing someone who knows what they're doing, she doesn't so when Jamie says i'm impulsive it's true. I act before I think or ask questions and in this situation I messed up. ''Jamie seems attached to her'' I snapped out my trance and looked at Mila, my fiancee as she stood with her arms crossed. ''she probably is'' ''what are you going to do Shane? A Black is in your home..'' ''that doesn't know who she is Mila'' ''and so what? She's still of their blood, why do you think she's even telling the truth?'' ''When I shook her the look in her eyes.. the Cassie Black this world knows would've fought me back, maybe shot me in the foot but to start crying and have fear in her eyes? She's not lying.'' ''I don't like this'' ''neither do I Mila but now she's here, we can't give her back to the Blacks like this, they'll think we have something to do with this'' ''Shane-'' I grab Mila hands kissing them, making her roll her eyes. ''Don't butter me up right now, I just want to be sure that when I close my eyes tonight that I wake up and you're still here'' ''I will be baby, you worry yourself so much and that's why I love you'' ''I love you too, always I just hope we know what we're doing.'' ''In situations like these, scaring her isn't the way to heal her memory. So..'' ''you need to apologize for touching her, make her feel comfortable'' ''I know..'' The thought of me saying sorry to a Black is making me sick. Looking into her eyes I seen her father which infuriated me more, but her vulnerable state right now being her enemy isn't the way to get her out of my house quicker.

Mila left to go to her parents home to talk to her mother about the wedding as the cook started dinner. Jamie and Cassie sat in the kitchen laughing like old school friends and I stood at the doorway watching them, Cassie smile is a smile you only see once. Even with the situation she's in she's not stopping her smile. Her smile made me look at her, like really look at her. She's beautiful. Im used to seeing the Blacks all dressed up, Cassie face with makeup and lashes and her hair bone straight but she's sitting in my home in rare form, hair up in a messy curly bun, her natural lashes were sorta long, she has brown eyes, full cheeks and she just look innocent. ''what are you staring at Shane?'' Jamie asks with an attitude, Cassie face went from relaxed to tense with fear back in her eyes, her body tensed back up too as she turned around in her seat not wanting to look at me. ''I need to talk to her'' ''not happening'' ''Jamie.'' ''you roughed her up without asking questions and I told you how impulsive you are and you scared her'' ''and I want to say sorry'' ''excuse me? You want to do what?'' ''Can I speak with her, alone Jamie'' She looks at Jamie nodding that it was okay ''are you sure?'' She turns around slowly in her seat looking at me and folds her arms ''yeah, it's fine. Give us a minute'' Jamie grabs her chips and gives me a warning look before walking out the kitchen.

This wasn't the same Cassie I roughed up a couple hours ago, she turning around must've collected herself to deal with if I was going to yell at her for being here. ''what is it?'' the casual sound in her voice made me chuckle lowly. ''what's funny?'' ''how you were just scared and now you all tough now, it's cute'' ''don't call me cute. I didn't know who you were and you grabbed me, yes I was going to be scared usually people ask questions'' ''well I don't, this is my house and you're a guest in it.'' ''is this your apology because it's pissing me off'' Her smart mouth was hitting a nerve in my body and not even Mila mouth hits a nerve off a small conversation. '' I'm sorry for roughing you up, I should've asked first before attacking you'' She grabs her water getting up giving me a blank look and walk by me, I turn around following her way to the steps. ''So you're just going to ignore me?'' ''I heard you'' ''then what the hell is your problem?'' ''I accept it, now to avoid seeing me, I stay out your way, you stay out of mine. I still want you far away from me. Thanks for letting my absent minded self stay in your home, I'm so grateful'' she sarcastically says turning around going up the steps ''Do you even know who you're talking to right now?'' ''Quite frankly..'' she says still walking up the steps then turns around ''I don't know anything'' I flared my nose as she started to piss me off with her attitude. She gave me one last smart look before turning the corner to her room. ''This is what happens when I try to be nice'' Having Cassie here is going to do my head in more than anything.