11. Parting Ways

Jamie
I stood outside the room trying hard to not look at Cane. "Look, I'm sorry" "I forgive you" "wait what?" "I forgive you, Cassie could've been in a worse situation but I wish you would've told me sooner" "I know, if this means you don't want me working for you anymore that's fine." "Are you kidding? Cassie is going to love working beside someone as badass as her" I smile as he hugs me from the side. "You're seriously not so bad Cane." "I'm never ruthless to women who aren't snakes. I have compassion damn" The door swings open to a tear filled Cassie screaming for Cane. I look into the room to Shane I've never seen him like this. She left him standing there, Mila joins me at the door as I look at her. "What in the fuck have you done?" "What you both should've done." Everything that's been building up because of my animosity towards her exploded as I punched her in the face. "You dumb jealous bitch!" I kept hitting her as she hit back but wasn't connecting "I'm tired of you I'm so fucking tired of you!" I felt strong hands lift me up off her when I wasn't done. I see red when I see her. Shane got her up off the floor as I tried to get to her again but Steve and Seth held me back. "Shane how could you do that to her, for this sneaky ass bitch? What does she have over you?!" "A BABY." She muffled behind her bloody hand from her nose. My anger burst again as I tussled with Steve and Seth to get to her "You got her pregnant you fucking idiot I swear to god I hate you! I hate the both of you. You just broke that girls heart for this bitch and it's because you got her pregnant?!" Shane steps to me and I punched him through Steve arms, Steve picks me up starting to carry me down the hallway. I try to stop him by kicking the wall "I'm done with this bro!" "Jamie no" Steve says.

I walk down the hallway to my room gathering all my clothes, I reached for a suitcase to fit it all. "Jamie stop packing you're not going anywhere." "Fuck you Shane, she just sat there and ruined the one good thing you've had in a while over a baby that's probably not even yours or THERE. You didn't even fight them against it, you're a mockery to father's name" "Don't ever let that leave your teeth again Jamie" I zipped my bag and threw it to the door stepping in his face. Both our chest were going in and out due to our anger right now I wasn't letting up. Ever since she stepped foot into our life she's been nothing but trouble. She's got Shane on this leash that I can't seem to understand is so tight. "As long as you're marrying and having a baby with that snake, I'm done with you."

"JAMIE!" I run down the steps with my bags. He catches up to me slamming the front door shut before I could make it. "I can't lose you too.." Looking him deep in the eyes, he was hurting. Cassie was the first real good thing he's had in such a long time. Maybe the only time, right when she comes to her own mind she could've forgotten him. She could've suppressed all their memories but they were so strong and meaningful to her she just couldn't. Then he breaks her into pieces. He's not ruining me with this life he's starting. I don't want nothing to do with him, that bitch or their baby. "To late. Bye Shane" Steve steps up to stop me but I look at him "I'm sorry guys, bye." I walk out feeling my chest tighten that I was leaving my brother. I love Shane with everything in me but he's in to deep with Mila, she's trouble and I don't want to be here when he crumbles. I get in the car with Kyle letting the tears fall "you can stay with me until you're ready." "Thanks" "Lets stop for food shall we?" "That sounds great."

Kyle since the minute I met him has been a great friend, and a great help. He has let me stay with him nights I didn't feel like going home. He's great company, very handsome as well. We pull up the my favorite dinner. I look at him smiling "you sure know how to cheer a girl up" "let's get you something to eat"

We sit, talk about why I've finally left meaning how this time there's no going back. I find comfort in Kyle, he's a great listener, gives great advice and he's quite the gentlemen. "So explain to me why you're single Kyle?" He snickers sipping his drink "Haven't met the right one." "Really? But you're such a catch" "there's this girl i am interested in but, she's way out of my league" "nobody is out of your league Kyle. Go for it, you never know she might have a little thing for you too" He glared at me with a look that gave me butterflies. He was admiring me, my smile my face my body which made my spine tingle. "Jamie can I kiss you?" I wink my eyebrow at how forward he was, not gone lie it turned me on. I lean close to him as the air around us thickens. I got lost in his brown eyes thinking I could stay here forever "yes, you can kiss me" He smirks cupping my face softly placing his lips on mine gently. My heart started beating a mile a minute as his soft lips devoured mine. He kissed me like he's been waiting to do this since he met me, which made this kiss even more amazing. We were so into it I felt myself sink deeper into him, from looking at him as a friend to looking at him as something more.