Meg and John ❤️

It was the weirdest storm Meg had ever witnessed. The rain came down in splashes, and it seemed like it lasted in increments of five seconds each.

It was such a weird thing for Meg to notice. She could tell that she would barely have time to hug John before she found her way to their bed and let herself become one with it.

Just the thought of her cloud like pillows, and the comforter that seemed to swallow her up in its warm embrace made Meg sigh. She wanted nothing more than to be at home with John, but work had her all over California. Work was the exact reason she was on the road, in the infamous California traffic, in the first place.

Meg  slowed her car to a stop and propped her elbow up on the window. She blew out a breath and turned the radio up slightly. Meg was only an hour away from her home, but it felt like an eternity.

Meanwhile John sat in his home studio. His stool was an island surrounded by guitars and records. It was his personal castle, but he was missing his queen, his muse, Meg.

He had called her that morning, and she explained that she would be making the trip back home as soon as her last meeting was over. John had expressed how it was predicted to rain around the time that Meg was to drive home, but she answered with her doubts.

"It rarely rains where we live sweety, but regardless I'll be fine. I've driven in worse." Meg reassured him, and John accepted it.

Still, he sat alone. His cats were roaming around as they pleased and John felt the need to move, to do something. Maybe even do something for Meg. 

An idea came to mind and John immediately leapt out of his stool. "Oh she's going to love this."

Meg slowly trickled down the freeway. Things were finally starting to free up traffic-wise, but the rain was still pouring down. Every time lightning struck, Meg gasped.

She concluded in her mind that lightning was a beautiful thing to see when you're in the safely of your own home, and only then.

Thirty more minutes and Meg would be home. She couldn't wait to make up for all the time she and John missed together. The two had grown so close that Anthony joked it.

"You guys are attached at the hip." He'd say, and Meg chuckled thinking about it. She could hear Anthony saying it and John just flushing red as he pulled her even closer.

Just fifteen minutes away Meg started to perk up. She was seeing parts of town that were bringing her closer and closer to home. She could almost hear the cats meowing and smell John's freshly lit cigarette as he played around on his guitar.

The chaotic weather calmed itself down a bit allowing Meg to see much better. She took a shortcut that shaved another five minutes off of her drive time.

"I'm almost home Johnny boy." She said as if he could hear him.

John would soon hear her, but first he wanted to finish his small project.

John had dismantled their living room and turned it into a child's paradise. If there was a Nobel Prize for forts, John would receive it ten times in a row.

He used two of his guitar stands as a post for the bedsheet to make it into a functioning door. Every pillow in the house was placed strategically on the floor, covered with another bedsheet. He sat up lamps just outside the couches, which were the main support of the fort. It gave the entire thing a soft glow, that would be matched perfectly with a nice record.

John attention was snatched away from the fort when the jingle of all three of the cats' collars ran towards the door. He peeked out of the window to see that Meg had just pulled into the driveway. She had already stepped out with her umbrella and was gathering her things.

John scrambled to find Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix. It was one of Meg's favorite records and he knew it would put a smile on her face. He then ran and switched off all of the lights, leaving the lamps just outside the fort to illuminate the house.

The jingle of her keys at the door prompted John to go open it. Once he did, Meg dropped everything in her hands and threw herself into John's arms. She giggled as he squeezed her.

"I missed you." John said, and his voice made Meg's heart flutter.

She pulled away and planted a kiss on John's lips, "I missed you more."

"Oh, we'll see." Meg smiled at John's remark but she didn't know what he meant until she laid her eyes on the living room.

As she stepped in to observe, John drug her bags and umbrella in and closed the door. "John..." She said, rendered speechless by his work.

He came up behind her and roped his arms around Meg's waist. "Do you like it?" He asked in a low voice.

Meg laughed. "I love it Johnny, you're so sweet."

"Take a look inside." John said and followed behind Meg as she entered the fort. It was remarkable how quickly John put this all together.

Meg laid down and John did the same. John brought his arm up and Meg instinctively cuddled up to him.

The rain fell lightly now. Periodically John would place a kiss on Meg's head, or when she looked up at him, he would kiss her face. Jimi Hendrix serenaded them in the background softly.

The warm light mixed with the pure love in the air. Very little words were shared. Neither Meg, nor John wanted to speak in fear of interrupting the energy of the room.

Meg found herself listening to John's heart beat. It matched whatever song the record played, and as the songs faded out, so did she. They spent the night fused go each other, and that was the way the couple wanted it from that moment onward.

((Authors note))
Hi, I've made another comeback.
I'm so sorry it took so long to get this done Meg. This is my fourth time rewriting it and i still don't think its up to par since you had to wait so long
School has kept me so busy but I promise I'll get back on top of things.

Word count: 1,028