Anthony x Reader Part One ❤

((Author's note))Okay sooo here's another imagine

((Author's note))
Okay sooo here's another imagine.  I used Nicole in this imagine just so I didn't have to keep typing Y/N for your name haha. Enjoy!

Nicole sat on her living room couch in the dead of the night. It was peaceful. Her son was sound asleep and she was accompanied by a tub of ice cream and 90's cartoons.

For the first time, in over five years, Nicole wasn't thinking about Anthony. She wasn't stressing about where he was, or who he was with. Nicole was free from the grasp Anthony had on her heart.

At one point, she loved the fact that Anthony had a hold on her. His warm embrace and infectious smile made her heart race. Now Nicole's heart sinks at even the slightest thought of him.

If someone had something as simple as a similar smell as Anthony, Nicole would be brought to the verge of tears.

How could he just leave her? Was there really so many better options than her?

Nicole dug deeper into her ice cream. She told herself she wasn't going to think about him anymore, and that's what she was going to do.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Nicole looked up at the clock on her wall and read the time. It was almost three in the morning. "Who in the hell is at my door?" Nicole questioned aloud as she sat her ice cream down and walked to her door. 

When she got there, Nicole stood on her toes to see through her peep-hole. Someone was there, but she couldn't tell who. Their head was bowed, and a head full of bleach blonde hair was all Nicole could see.

Nicole contemplated opening her door. She had no idea who this person is, or if they were dangerous. Her son was asleep in the back, and there was no way Nicole was letting anyone harm him.

The person knocked again, this time a little harder. Nicole moved swiftly to the kitchen and got the biggest knife within reach. She made it back to the door and took a deep breath before swinging it open.

There he was.

Anthony Kiedis was standing in front of Nicole, for the first time in five years.

Part of Nicole wanted to slam the door in his face. How dare he show up unannounced like this? Did he expect her to just let him back into her life like what he did was okay?

Then again, another part of Nicole wanted to fall into his arms and cry. She wanted to forgive him and rekindle the love they had.  Nicole wanted to catch up on old times, and cuddle on the couch late at night like they used too.

Nicole didn't realize she was just staring at him until, Anthony spoke. "Hi Nicole."

"Anthony." Her statement sounded more like a question.

"C-can I come in?" He asked, his brown eyes just as beautiful and soft as Nicole remembered.

"Sure." Nicole stepped aside and let Anthony step in. She caught a whiff of his scent and it was the same. This sent a tidal wave of memories and emotions through her that Nicole couldn't control.

The knife in her hand fell to the floor and so did she. Tears were silently flowing down her face.

At the sight of her Anthony wanted to break down himself. He got on the floor with her and wrapped his arms around her.

Nicole fought back, but Anthony wouldn't let go. She wailed and hit his chest, trying to push him away, but Anthony held on. He took her blows and rested his head on top of hers. Tears threatened his eyes and Anthony could feel every bit of her pain.

The pain he caused and regretted.

"Why Anthony? Why'd you come back now?" Nicole sobbed into his chest.

"It-" Anthony's words tangled in his throat, "it was time for me to come back Nicole. I-I can finally be what you wanted."

Nicole's sobs had calmed down a bit now and she was able to speak easily.

"What I wanted was you Anthony. I didn't want you to change." Nicole said, finally looking up at him again. His eyes, almost sent her into another crying fit.

The eyes are the most powerful part of the body to Nicole. Once you fall in love with someone's eyes, you're in love with them forever. The eyes never change.

Nicole wanted to hold on to that belief, but how could she? It's been so long, there was no way Anthony was the same man she first fell in love with.

"I had to change." Anthony's voice was breaking slightly. "If I didn't change, I'd still be that bitter asshole I was five years ago. You don't deserve that Nicole."

"We could've worked on that together. You didn't have to leave me without a trace." Nicole protested.

" I left you a letter." Anthony stated.

"All it said was that you're sorry and that you'd be back!" Nicole yelled. "That's hardly a letter Kiedis!"

There was a cry from the back and Nicole stood from her spot on the floor. Anthony stood with her, confused, and watched as she walked to the back.

Nicole came back with a baby on her hip. He clung to her as she walked passed Anthony to the kitchen.

Anthony, of course followed them, his mouth slightly agape at the view in front of him.

"I - I didn't know you had a baby." Anthony stated.

"I didn't. Mary did." Nicole said simply. She grabbed a jar of baby food and a spoon as she took a seat at her kitchen table.

"Oh wow. Mary had a kid? That's incredible!" Anthony hadn't seen Mary since the last time he saw Nicole. Those two had a closer friendship than him and Flea.

"Yeah I know." Nicole's demeanor was completely different. She was just irritated that Anthony was here now. He is doing just what Nicole thought he would. 

Anthony was assuming that they could just pick up where they left off. Nothing might have changed with him, but everything for Nicole had changed.

"Where is she?" Anthony asked.

Nicole sighed before answering. Her lip quivered as she spoke.

"Mary is dead."

((Author's note ))

Woooooaaah so here's part one of this haha. Part two should be up later today! I don't want this book to die so I had to update! Thanks to Emily John for giving me the character name ❤

Word count: 1,048