Nina and John ❤️

Nina unraveled her sandwich and let her feet dangle over the edge of the stage. She was having an early lunch since she and the rest of the crew had been up since the break of dawn setting up the venue. The Chili Peppers would be there for their sound check soon, so Nina thought it was the perfect time to take a load off.

Backstage, John had strapped on one of his Stratocasters and was heading out to mess around with his pedals for a bit. He liked to get there a little before the other guys, just to make sure all things were in tune for soundcheck. It just saved time.

Nina heard the amps being adjusted and turned thinking it was one of her co-workers messing around. To her surprise it was John; she didn't think any of the band members would show up this early.

John looked up and saw her. He gave a smile and a wave which Nina returned.

Nina stood up, assuming John wanted his privacy and started to make her way backstage. As she was walking by him, she gave a shy smile making John turn.

"You can stay if you want." He said, and this time Nina turned to him.

"What's that?" She asked. Nina heard what he said, but she wanted to be sure he was really talking to her.

"I said you can stay if you want. I know you're eating your lunch so." John replied, pushing some of his hair behind his ear.

"Well if you don't mind the company, I'll stay." Nina gave a full heartwarming smile and John flashed his pearly whites at her.

She began walking back to spot she was originally, but John stopped her again.

"You dont have to go all the way over their either." He told her.

"Are you inviting me to sit with you John?" Nina asked laughing lightly.

"Yeah, yeah I am, I guess." He said and gave that dazzling smile again.

Nina walked over with her half eaten sandwich and held her hand out for John to shake. "I'm Nina, I'm the stage manager."

"I'm John, I'm the guitarist." He shook her hand and mimicked her greeting. The two shared another quick laugh.

"Shall we?" Nina gestured to the floor, and John nodded in agreement.

They sat on the stage floor, criss-cross, infront of each other. John began to play a soft melody on his guitar as Nina took bites of her sandwich occasionally.

She swayed side to side as John played. Here and there John would look up making eye contact with Nina. Every time Nina would blush and it would get another smile out of John.

Soon Nina's watch beeped, indicating the end of her lunch. John noticed the beep and ceased his playing.

"I have to get back to work." Nina stood and John followed in suit. She dusted herself off before looking up again.

John stood fairly close to Nina, close enough for her breath to hitch in her throat. He didn't seem to notice, since his demeanor was completely calm as usual. On the other hand, butterflies filled Nina's stomach and she was sure they were visible. 

"Well, I'm glad you sat with me." John said adjusting his guitar.

"Me too, it was fun." Nina answered and tried her best to take an actual breath.

John reached an arm out for a hug. At first Nina wasn't sure, but she wrapped one of her arms around John's frame. She was mindful of his guitar in between them and kept the hug gentle and short.