Chapter 55

On my way to Elliot's flat in London that be bought a few days ago, my phone rings from inside my pocket. My hand reaches into the coat and presses the accept button, "Hello brother."

Elijah's voice emerges from the other side of the phone, "I'm afraid this call brings some rather unpleasant news."

My body clenches, wondering if someone hurt my niece after all the efforts to prevent such a powerful being from living on this earth. "What is it?"

A sharp inhale emits from my older brother as he prepares to elaborate, making me think that this news is much more than just unpleasant. "Damon Salvatore called me just now to tell me that Silas escaped from their cell and they can't find where he is."

I stop in place, freezing when I hear this. I've already received warnings of Silas returning, but he has been preoccupied with other business, making me think that a thousand years was enough time for him realize he would never claim my title. Somehow this warning is different, and I need to brace for the impending return of Silas.

I met him once, yet he paraded around as a king. I've never met someone more dangerous, even Niklaus seems tame in comparison, so I know that I need to warn those I love. I worry that Silas could enter, pretending to be me and really mess a lot of things up. 

Returning back to my conversation with Elijah, I say, "Thank you for letting me know."

"Anytime, sister."

I murmur out, "Stay safe." There's no need for him to reassure me, so I hang up, allowing him to return back to his own fight in New Orleans. 

My feet start walking again, determined to tell Elliot to be weary of the people he's talking to. When I reach the apartment, I knock on the wooden door as I hear shuffling inside. In a second, the door is opened to reveal him only in workout shorts.

A smirk appears on my face when I walk past him, sitting on his blue sofa in the living room. I teasingly ask with my arms draped openly on the back of the sofa, "What is it with guys always having this desire to be shirtless?"

Elliot slyly makes his way over, taking a seat on the glass table directly in front of me. He leans over, placing his hands on my thighs as he leans in close. "Do you mind?"

I lean in even closer, my right arm reaching behind me to retrieve his lost shirt. My voice comes out in a neutral tone, "Yes." With that, I throw the shirt in his face and he shakes his head laughing as he pulls the shirt over his bare upper body. 

He sits down next to me, "What brings you here?"

I cross my arms over my chest, "Am I not allowed to visit the person I'm dating whenever I want to?"

"You know you're more than welcome whenever, but you have that look on your face that tells me you are worried about something." I curse him for remembering my tell tale sign of being worrisome after all this time. Concern is laced in his voice, "What is it?"

My face falls, no longer playful, as I explain the bad news, "There's a new threat...well not really new but I have a feeling that this time the threat is real."

Elliot scrunches his eyebrows up, "I'm not really following."

"There's this immortal being named Silas who has had it out for me for as long as I can remember. I believe he is on his way here to wreck havoc on everyone I care about."

His face contorts to a confident one, "Whoever this guy is, I will protect you from him."

A small smile makes its way onto my face as I admire his protective nature. "He is much older than the two of us and won't stop until he gets what he wants."