Oh my god! Tyler giggles and rolls over, wrapping himself inside his fuzzy blanket like a little burrito. Tyler loves fuzzy things. And silky things. And cute things. Tyler just likes a lot of things.

T: What if I called you poopyhead?

Tyler laughs at his own message, tongue poking between his teeth. He's so silly! Hopefully Josh doesn't get upset.

J: Haha, you're so cute. Are you busy today?

T: Nope not busy why?

J: Do you want to go on a date with me?

Tyler gasps, reading the message over and over again until it finally sinks it. Josh asked him on a date! He unravels himself from the blanket and searches through his closet again. He has to look cute!

T: Yea of course!!!

T: But... I can't decide on what to wear

J: What's your favorite color?

T: Blue!

T: Wait no its pink!

T: No yellow!

T: I don't know ):

J: Okay haha how about wear something purple? That's my favorite (:

T: Okay I like purple too!

So, Tyler pulls out the first purple shirt he lays eyes on. It has a cute little pink squid on the front with blue bubbles floating around it's head. He pulls it on over his head and checks his phone.

J: I can't wait to see you

T: Me neither! What pants should I wear???

J: It's going to be hot today, do you have any shorts to match?

Tyler gasps, pulling out a pair of pink shorts that match the squid almost perfectly. He pulls them on quickly, too excited to remember to change his undies.

T: Perfect!

J: Want me to swing by and pick you up?

T: Okay!

J: I need your address cutie

Tyler's cheeks burn as he types out his address, squealing and twirling all at once. Josh says he'll be there soon. Tyler stuffs his phone in his pocket and runs into his living room, little feet stomping erratically. He pulls on his bright pink rain boots, not caring about whether they match his outfit or not. He's too excited to care, he gets to see Josh again!

The little watches from the window, curtain drawn to the side so he can peek through easily. His feet tap impatiently, rain boots clunking against the wood floor. He waits and waits and waits and is on the verge of tears when it's been ten minutes and Josh still isn't there. Did he forget about him?

Tyler sniffles, letting himself cry once he feels the first tear roll down his cheek. He kicks his shoes off angrily, plopping onto the couch. Arms crossed over his chest, Tyler cries so hard his chubby little cheeks turn red. Yeah, he's a big cry baby and yeah, he's a little dramatic but Josh stood him up!

"Hello? Tyler?" A sudden voice scared the brunette half to death. He shrieks and hides his face between his arms.

"Tyler? It's Josh. Are you okay? Are you crying? Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!" The voice grows closer and closer until arms are wrapped around the boy and he's pulled against a hard chest.

Tyler is still crying, now out of embarrassment. He probably seems so weird and looks so dumb! Of course Josh didn't forget about him, he wouldn't do that.

"Shhh, it's okay," Josh hums, rocking the boy back and forth. "I'm so sorry I was late. I had to stop and get you something..."

Tyler's sniffles fall short. He glances up at Josh, eyes full of wonder. "A-A present?"

"Yes, a present," Josh chuckles, wiping Tyler's cheeks with his thumbs. "Do you want to go out to my car and get it?"

Tyler nods excitedly, jumping off Josh's lap and stuffing his feet into his rain boots. He runs outside, tears long forgotten, Josh following close behind. He hops into the passenger seat, gasping at the sight of a doughnut box sitting on the center console.

"Donuts!" The little one cheers, viciously clapping his hands together as Josh starts the car.

"Don't forget to buckle," the older reminds, opening the plain white box.

Tyler bites his lower lip, running his tongue across the inside of it. He doesn't move, only looks at Josh. The latter looks up at him in confusion.

"You aren't going to buckle?"

"Can... Can you do it for me?" Tyler mumbles, sucking in his cheeks and chewing on the inside of them.

"Oh, uh, sure!" Josh smiles, reaching across and buckling Tyler in tightly. "Gotta keep you safe."

"Donut now?"

"Pick your favorite," Josh says as he starts driving. "Jelly filled, chocolate-"

"Chocolate!" Tyler gasps, pulling said doughnut out of the box. He stuffs it in his mouth, moaning at the sweetness. "S'yummy!"

"Good. Do you like coffee?"

Tyler hesitates, taking another bite. "Is I allowed to drink coffee...?"

Josh's eyebrows draw together as he glances at the boy. "You're allowed to do whatever you want, aren't you?"

Yeah, technically, but Tyler didn't want to be able to do whatever he wanted. He usually didn't make very good decisions for himself.

"I guess," he decides, not remembering anything bad happening the last time he had coffee.

They spend the rest of the ride in silence, Josh focusing on driving and Tyler messing with his shorts. He wonders if Josh thinks he's weird, or if Josh wonders why he acts like a little kid.

Would he care? Would he want nothing to do with Tyler? Or would he step up and give the kind of love Tyler wants? He hopes for the latter. He really likes Josh and really wants this to work out.

__A/N__

I love this book so much I had to update again