Puddles and Cuddles

"Class, you are dismissed!" Mr. Ackerman yelled, laying down a small white chalk at the bottom of the chalkboard.

All of the students arose from their seat, inserting textbooks into their backpack as well as homework and supplies from other classes. At the end of class, most students gathered with their friends to walk with them to each others houses.

Running out of the classroom first, as always, was Mikasa Ackerman. No one knew why, but ever since school had started she was always the first one out of class. Most believed it was because she wanted to study, or get her homework done quickly so she could have free time later on. Reason behind thinking that was because she was the 2nd smartest in the school, behind Armin Arlert.

Mikasa was the total package, or so everyone thought. Beautiful, smart, and also knew how to kick ass and stand up for herself. Last year, she had definitely proved she was strong by picking up a fight on Annie Leonhardt. It was a huge fight, and Mikasa ended up winning with a broken nose and finger. Lucky for her, it didn't match the injuries Annie got, hers even more gruesome and painful. Mikasa and Annie ended up both getting expelled in the end, the beginning of the fight still remains unknown.

The two are still very good friends today.

'Run, run faster, hurry up he's waiting for you' the voice in Mikasas' head sang, making her pick up her feet even faster. While running she looked up at the sky, noticing dark grey clouds starting to appear, the bright rays of sun disappearing behind them. It reminded her of the grey color in her step-fathers eyes whenever he got mad. Oh how she hated seeing him like that. It caused more pain for her than him.. mentally and physically.

He was home everyday after she got home from school apologizing over and over, and then hitting her harder that same night. He one time hit her so hard, she got a minor concussion accompanied with loads of painful bruises.

Ever since her biological father died, her mother dated for a few months and eventually married a guy that she met online. He was very loving and nice at first, until one night her mother got into a very bad car accident and unfortunately passed away.

All the money that her mother had, he used it on drugs and alcohol to push away all of the emotion he had. The hitting started when Mikasa once hid the money from him because they were late on the electricity and water bill, also needing to get more food and water. Not having money, made him eventually start to go berserk, especially when he figured out she had hid the money. He started hitting her, throwing chairs and furniture at her and much worse.

As a result, Mikasa would often cut herself in a coping method of calming herself down.

Starting to quicken her pace, droplets of rain started to sprinkle on her head, making one of her bangs stick to her forehead. Realizing she left her umbrella at school, she didn't care, as long as she made it to her house on time. The droplets started to come harder and harder, as before she knew it, she was soaking wet. But that didn't stop her, she rather get soaked in the rain then get beat up.

One time she had to stay after school to make up for a test, forgeting to tell him. When she got home, he was angry and yelling, pushing and slapping her. The rest of the night was a blur as she woke up in the hospital the next morning. Apparently he told the police a robber came in and did that to her, when Mikasa protested against him claiming it was all him, they couldn't find any evidence it was and said she was probably just confused (considering her head was hit hard that night).

Yes it was true that she was tough and a pro at fighting against other people.. all except fighting against her step-father. Whenever she tried to fight him, her legs and fists became weaker as her conscience said negative things; convincing her she had no chance against him and to just give up, knowing she would never win.